Ryzen Memory Issues in Japan

Discussion in 'Memory' started by Ckamc, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Ckamc

Ckamc Limp Gawd

So I am looking to build a system out here after living without a computer for over 3 years.

The problem I find is that most of the memory modules I find for sale aren't supported for Ryzen... or are not the exact kit listed with the motherboards compatability list.

The best I have found is the same frequency and timing but the memory capacity is different.

ex. 3200mhz 16-16-18 8gb x 2
    vs
    available to purchase 3200mhz 16-16-18 4gb x 2

does the memory capacity listed have to be the same. I don't have any retailers either in this part of the country that deal with Ryzen so I can't get any help there.

Thanks´╝ü

2. Pieter3dnow

Pieter3dnow [H]ardness Supreme

The simplest way to get somewhere is to check out the g.skill website those are certified for Ryzen and they should have a dealer list if not I would just email them and see if they can help you out?

3. Araxie

Araxie [H]ardness Supreme

if you are building a machine around the newer ryzen chips they are far better at memory support than first gen ryzen, its still safer to check the compatibility list, but one of the greatest things about the newer ryzen refresh was a way improved high speed memory support.

also, memory capacity wont affect as the way timing and frequency.. so you should be fine with either of those kits.

Chimpee and drescherjm like this.