ryzen master

nutxo

[H]ard|Gawd
I got a ryzen 1600 and an MSI x370 gaming pro mobo. Threw it together and downloaded ryzen master. I messed around a little and set my memory to default and ran the cpu as high as 4.2 with the stock cooler. Game stable it runs about 68c so I tried dropping the voltage to 1.2 on the cpu but it doesnt run any cooler.

Is this to hot for this cpu? Is overclocking this thing as simple as this? How accurate is ryzen master?

sounds pretty good to me. I just put together a system for a friend with a 1600 on a msi b350m gaming with the stock fan. I clocked it to a simple 3.7 at 1.26v(auto) for reliability/simplicity for her. in my really hot ~29C living room it topped at 71C with old prime or aida for hours. I was pleasantly surprised by the stock cooler. I would test yours a little harder at that low voltage but sounds like its off to a good start! they do seem to be simple to oc and your temp is fine. they throttle at 85C and shutdown at 90C. I like to keep a 10C buffer so id be happy to 75C. I'm personally not sure how good/accurate RM is as I just use the bios but it seems ok from what ive read/seen.

Very nice 4.2 is a nice clock. When I first built my 1700 system back in March I was getting 4.2. But as time rolled on I it bacame unstable so I had to back it down to 4.0. So don't get your hopes up that it will stay stable forever.

I never use any software clocking tools, I always use BIOS.

Thanks for the timely replies. I'll probably change the settings in the bios and try it that way eventually.

Back