Ryse to have microtransactions

Plague_Injected

Supreme [H]ardness
Just when you thought this game couldn't get any worse:

Crytek-developed Xbox One-exclusive Ryse: Son of Rome will feature microtransactions in its multiplayer mode to help speed up player progression, VideoGamer.com has reported.

Comparing the experience to EA's FIFA Ultimate Team, or Mass Effect 3’s multiplayer mode, the system will allow users to progress organically by playing; fast-track upgrades by making in-game, real-world purchases; or combine the two to offset the shortfall of in-game currency.

All aboard the failtrain.

i don't see the problem here. If you don't feel like playing the game a bunch and just want a better character right away, then you have to pay for it. If you want to play the game normally then you can.

I don't think microtransactions here will be the same as like the free android apps that use microtransactions where it is basically in your face all the time. Here it'll probably just be a option before you start playing perhaps in a sub-menu where you can customize your character.

i don't see the problem here.
You should look harder. Microtransactions is the best way to simply remove content already there and place it out of the players reach. A system that is built around it sucks because you know they will make the unlock time or the rarity of it much much much higher then if it were simply included in the game through normal progression. Take for example how long it would take to unlock all the characters and weapons in ME3 mulitplayer (which they compared it with) because it had microtransactions they made it take a unreasonable amount of time and luck to unlock everything... in a game you already paid for.

How do you make a game that is basically one large quick time event have microtransactions? Do you have to pay extra to unlock the x button? lol

How do you make a game that is basically one large quick time event have microtransactions? Do you have to pay extra to unlock the x button? lol

Probably because the game is not a bunch of QTEs, and that the whole notion that it is has been debunked in two separate threads.

You should look harder. Microtransactions is the best way to simply remove content already there and place it out of the players reach. A system that is built around it sucks because you know they will make the unlock time or the rarity of it much much much higher then if it were simply included in the game through normal progression. Take for example how long it would take to unlock all the characters and weapons in ME3 mulitplayer (which they compared it with) because it had microtransactions they made it take a unreasonable amount of time and luck to unlock everything... in a game you already paid for.

part of the drive of the multiplayer in ME3 was the possibility of unlocking that one character or weapon you had been striving for. even with micro transactions, your odds of unlocking that weapon or character were no greater than for the player that bought the supply/weapon/character packs through in-game earned credits. it is also limited to the multiplayer only.

if Micro transactions are done in the same style as ME3, I got no issue with it. if someone want to try to buy their way up, let them spend their money.

part of the drive of the multiplayer in ME3 was the possibility of unlocking that one character or weapon you had been striving for. even with micro transactions, your odds of unlocking that weapon or character were no greater than for the player that bought the supply/weapon/character packs through in-game earned credits. it is also limited to the multiplayer only.

if Micro transactions are done in the same style as ME3, I got no issue with it. if someone want to try to buy their way up, let them spend their money.

I agree with this sentiment. ME3 didn't allow you to choose what you bought. You took a gamble. The same gamble you take when you earn your credits. And even then, you can earn XP a lot faster and easier by just playing. I do think that some of the packs were a little more expensive credit-wise than they should be, but whatever.

Still, most of the time, I agree that micro transactions suck.

I can't read article at work, but progress faster in multiplayer? Pay to win? Some people out there will get their character up to the highest levels and pay for it. While others that do it without paying will take a lot longer and get beat up by the rich kids.... Sounds like a lot of fun.... :rolleyes:

Microtransactions are fine, but not if they can skew the game. It should be equal work for equal returns. Not less work, pay more for more returns. That alone makes me not want to play. I HATE playing multiplayer games and being a level 2 going against a level 60 and getting whooped. This just makes it much easier for those to hit the high levels...

I can't read article at work, but progress faster in multiplayer? Pay to win? Some people out there will get their character up to the highest levels and pay for it. While others that do it without paying will take a lot longer and get beat up by the rich kids.... Sounds like a lot of fun.... :rolleyes:

Microtransactions are fine, but not if they can skew the game. It should be equal work for equal returns. Not less work, pay more for more returns. That alone makes me not want to play. I HATE playing multiplayer games and being a level 2 going against a level 60 and getting whooped. This just makes it much easier for those to hit the high levels...

You would be in the same position if you were to start playing it a few months after release.

I could care less if they level higher sooner. Its the exclusive purchase only items that give huge advantages over those who dont want to pay extra money that bothers me.

You would be in the same position if you were to start playing it a few months after release.

I could care less if they level higher sooner. Its the exclusive purchase only items that give huge advantages over those who dont want to pay extra money that bothers me.

Well, some games level the playing field by making the purchase only weapons re-skins of weapons available without paying, or by making the particular weapon unique, but well-balanced.

Of course, that takes skill and consideration to pull off well.

Isn't this kind of like a fighting game? I've only gotten little bits and pieces on it.

This game has looked great from the previews but seeing all the QTE's and now a Microtransaction system have turned me off it.

I really don't like games with tons and tones of QTE's.

True. But, buying your way to the top right away and becoming this massive unstoppable machine? Not cool.

Extra skins, different looks, different (but not overpowered) armor and weapons? Sure. Super bad ass weapons, super armor, things like that? No thanks. Even playing field for all, not just those that pay for it.

Probably because the game is not a bunch of QTEs, and that the whole notion that it is has been debunked in two separate threads.

Oh ya your right. In a true quick time game you have to mash coordinated buttons with what you see on screen and if you mess the timing up you loose. With Ryse you actually do not have to press anything and the game advances anyway, LMFAO...so like Ryse is the arch grandaddy of telekinesis quicktimes babY!!!

Oh ya your right. In a true quick time game you have to mash coordinated buttons with what you see on screen and if you mess the timing up you loose. With Ryse you actually do not have to press anything and the game advances anyway, LMFAO...so like Ryse is the arch grandaddy of telekinesis quicktimes babY!!!

The game is a standard beat-em-up. The combat has even been compared to Batman: Arkham Asylum. These "QTE's" where you "do not have to press anything and the game advances" are when you perform executions... which you can initiate after you've whittled an enemy's health down low enough. "Time your X or Y button tap well enough and you'll net a better-rated finisher (they're classified from Recruit all the way up to Legendary), resulting in a better quality perk." ~ IGN's "Gamescom: Don't Worry About Ryse: Son of Rome - No, it's not all QTEs after all" article.

I'm not even interested in the game, and I don't see myself buying it, but there's been a lot of FUD in regards to this game.

Back