• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

RV03 or HAF X?

EdSurly

n00b
Joined
Apr 22, 2007
Messages
25
These two cases are almost the same price on newegg. The HAF X is actually a few dollars cheaper once shipping is taken into account. I'm building a new system but I really don't know which one would be better. I really like the motherboard placement of the Raven, but the HAF seems to have more airflow and more room inside. Going to be a gaming machine with an overclocked 2500k, air cooled for now.

Why is the RV02 more expensive than the version 3? And the Raven 01 is over $200?? Anyone know why?
<edit> Ok, I see that the RV01 is quite a bit larger, I had missed that earlier. It does look better imo as well...
 
Last edited:
I checked today and I was surprised to see the RV02-EBW to be 189 $? and regular RV02 179 > ? I remember seeing the raven 2 at 159 and I was actually considering buying it, but since its 189 for the evo now, I will probably get the 650d

I feel that rv3 will be a good match for your system, dont be tricked that haf has more space. I mean it does but remember how much space you have in the back. I would go with the novelty :)
 
The RV03 uses the least materials of the Raven series and, due to its novel PSU and HDD placement, uses less fans all without really compromising on cooling. I think Silverstone is trying to increase its units sold by finding ways at using the same general case concept but make it more affordable.

The HAF X definitely has more room inside. If you think you need that room for water cooling, then go for it; I certainly wouldn't recommend the RV03 for water cooling. But if you are air cooling with no plans for water then RV03 is the way to go, in my opinion.

I'm just waiting for a new CPU heatsink to arrive and my new RV03 system will be up and running.
 
It seems Newegg has the highest prices on SilverStone cases at the moment so if you shop around a bit, you may find them to be cheaper elsewhere.

RV03's MSRP is $139.99 and RV02 should be $159.99 in the US.
 
It seems Newegg has the highest prices on SilverStone cases at the moment so if you shop around a bit, you may find them to be cheaper elsewhere.

RV03's MSRP is $139.99 and RV02 should be $159.99 in the US.

any idea when we can expect either version (window/non-window) of the RV03 to show up on Amazon?
 
I had been eyeing the Raven series and the upcoming RV03 and went with the HAF X. I had decided after upgrading to a P67 setup with a 2500k that the Antec 902 was just too small for my tastes at this time. I can say that the HAF X was the most enjoyable setup i've used in a long time and is a pleasure to work with for cable management. It's a full size tower which may or may not be what you are looking for, but if you are looking for good air flow and a quiet case I think it certainly fits those bills.

*edit - The 902 was actually too small to accomodate the H70 with the side panel without stressing the window Fan mount. Just wanted to clarify that.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top