RV02 owners: minimum PSU cable length?

daflow

n00b
I'm currently planning my 2011/Q1 i5 SB build and will be buying the new RV02E.

I read you need extra long PSU cables (e.g. SATA for HDDs) with this case. But how long exactly do the cables need to be?

I'm in for a new PSU as well and want to avoid adding extension cables to reach all HDDs and other components.

Could the lucky RV02 owners post their PSUs and if the cables were long enough?

I was considering the Seasonic M12II-620Bronze (18inch to first SATA plug) and the Nexus RX-6300 (19inch to first SAT plug).

-daflow

I don't have the exact measurements at the moment, but I have a Corsair HX620 and the SATA power cables were not long enough. I had to use a couple 4-pin molex adapters which complicated cable management quite a bit due to the thickness of the connectors.

I actually had similar problems with the HAF X =/ Specifically the 8pin mobo power was BARELY long enough going straight from the psu to the pin connector. It really messed up my cable management and squeezes my other cables that are under it. btw I'm using a BFG 1000w EX psu

I had no real problems with my HX 850. One cable is a little tight though, and that's the SATA power cable that reaches to the top drive bay. If I lowered my dvd drive one slot, it wouldn't be an issue. I just like having it there though.

IMG_0990.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg

Thanks for the RV03 hint, but I like the looks of the RV02 better. It also has the window on the right side which is perfect for me.

I'm still interested in more RV02 - PSU combination experiences!

I recently setup a FT02 (same basic case as the RV02) system for a friend of mine. We used a 850 watt Corsair modular PSU. The Corsair PSU's tend to have extremely long cables too. The power cables for the motherboard and the video cards were the perfect length. The hard drive power cables were barely long enough for the hard drives if you ran the cables directly behind the motherboard. 2" longer on the cables would have been perfect.

For the DVD drives they were just too short to route properly behind the motherboard. I ran one cable along the top of the case and zip tied it to the exhaust fan and to the meshed area above the graphics cards. Even then there was only 2 plugs left, and only enough length to do either the top two, or the second and third 5.25" drive bays.

It almost seems as if I have to plan using extension cords to cleanly route the cables behind the mainboard tray if even the Corsair cable length wasn't enough.

Back