RV02-e or other?

JookyOne

Limp Gawd
I've been looking for a new case for a while and have been pretty interested in picking up one of these Silverstones but wanted to air a couple of questions to see if I could get some advice from the community first. My current system is installed in the original CoolerMaster 690. While this case has served me well I really hate the lack of cable management, the lack of any sort of efficient dust management and it has always been fairly cramped to work in. I just built a new i7-2600k based system and opted for a H50 cooling solution. My concern with the RV02-e is using the only exhaust fan to pull hot air from the case across the radiator of the H50. Also, from the pictures I've seen the cable management looks better than the 690 but not that extensive. Lastly, it certainly looks larger in pictures but is it really that much bigger than what I currently have?

At this point I am really open to any suggestions of other cases I should consider. I've looked at quite a few (Azza Hurrican, HAF series, 700/800D, etc) but have been the most intrigued by the Raven thus far. I just don't want to spend the money on a case that serves form over function. Any input is greatly appreciated!

If you can wait for RV03 (due 1st quarter) you get much better cable management as the HDDs are behind and the cables from the PSU are facing that side as well (PSU has been move to front of case under optical bays).

The depth of the case has been reduced about 70mm due to the new PSU position.

The in terms of size the RV02 is mainly a lot longer, which was a problem for me. As much as I was interested by the concept, and some of its unique features, it simply wouldn't fit for me.

I had someone recommend me the Lancool KC62, and from a functional perspective it is quite nice, especially considering the price from what I have seen. Currently have that on my consideration list along with a Fractal Define R3 (but this choice is more for form).

Back