• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Running two different clients at the same time

Lengradde

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 16, 2011
Messages
189
I have a 2500k sandy bridge CPU, and ATI 6850 GPU.
I want to run folding@home with my 2500k, and milkyway@home with my 6850, though I realize milkyway will still require some CPU usage.




I currently have SMP on the F@H client set to run on 3 cores.

On BOINC for milkyway@home, I have changed the following two settings:
On multiprocessor systems, use at most 25% of the processors.
Use at most 25% CPU time.

Haven't touched any of the other settings for BOINC. It doesn't seem like milkyway is even using my GPU.



Am I even doing this right? I'd really like to be using my 6850 for something! I'm such a newbie to this. :D
 
Last edited:
its possible but milkyway requires a double precision card and the 6800's aren't double precision, so collatz would be the only thing you can run.
 
Thank you, currently running collatz now.

I was getting about 10,500 PPD with my 2500k@4.3ghz. I'm still tweaking how much CPU power collatz uses and right now it is set to use only 10% CPU time. Currently I'm only losing about 800 PPD in F@H by running collatz.
 
Depending on how much CPU power is required by whatever DC project you use on the GPU, you might be able to get away with running F@H on all four cores.
 
Back
Top