• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Running Phantom Monitors

straight

n00b
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
2
ok so I don't really know how to ask this question, so I'll ask first and then describe what I'm trying to do...

How can I trick my PC (win7) into thinking it still has the monitor(s) plugged in?

I'm setting up a back-up PC at my office that I'll be remotely accessing. To avoid buying the same monitors I have at home that I'll be using to remote control the office PC, I'm trying to figure out how to trick the office PC into thinking there are 1-2 monitors still plugged in. Surely this is possible right?
 
still dont know why you need to make it think it has 1-2 monitors plugged in
 
There are dongles that fool video cards into thinking monitors are plugged in - they are used for things like bitcoin mining.
 
still dont know why you need to make it think it has 1-2 monitors plugged in

When you plug in a monitor it gives you a max resolution you can set it to. If I have a 23'' monitor connected to the back-up PC ill be remotely accessing, the max resolution will be 1900x1200 or whatever it is. But if I trick the back-up PC into thinking theres a 30" Dell connected to it, I can adjust the resolution to 2500x1600 to mirror the display I'll be using from home.

There are dongles that fool video cards into thinking monitors are plugged in - they are used for things like bitcoin mining.

what are these dongle things you speak of?
 
Back
Top