• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Running FAH on a MacBook

DanMattia

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 22, 2005
Messages
354
Hi everyone,

I've been running F@H on-and-off for a year or so now on my gaming PC, and it's caused me a few problems on my PC so I've uninstalled it. I want to run it on my MacBook Intel CoreDuo, and have installed the PPC file. It, however, cannot connect to the work server to retrieve any units. Is this a flaw from using the PPC installation, or have I done something wrong?

And yes, before you ask, my MB is connected to the internet and fully functional.

Is there an Intel Mac-specific download, as well?

Thanks for your help and for working to fight disease.
 
if you have it set up to retrieve timeless workunits, you're not going to be able to connect to that particular server cause Stanford has taken the timeless offline.

meisterbrau
 
meisterbrau said:
if you have it set up to retrieve timeless workunits, you're not going to be able to connect to that particular server cause Stanford has taken the timeless offline.

meisterbrau

That was the problem! Thanks :)
 
glad I could help! I sure hope that Stanford puts timeless wu's back on line soon, cause its impacting a couple of my borgs that I'm running on sneakernet.

meisterbrau
 
now here is another question on the MacBooks...I just got mine as well as a 20" intel mac (that one is at work) but when I try running Increase it says it is stopped...I have the exact same config as I had on my MDD Dual 1.25 G4 so I am not sure what is happening...any ideas??

 
What client were you running on your gaming PC? The graphical client tends to cause problems, especially when you run it while gaming, the console does not.

 
Back
Top