Running cable through a trailer

multiplexed

Weaksauce
I don't know much a about cabling and I need to run it through a trailer. I think I can handle drilling holes through the floor and getting the actual cable ran, but what about wallplates? I'm guessing the walls won't allow a standard wallplate installation, so how should I handle this? I need it to look nice and preferrably use a patch cable to plug into something.

Edit: Please skip to the bottom message about the metal crossbeams, hangers, and keeping cable off the ground.

Sorry, it's a mobile home. Behind the walls are probably a thin layer of metal. I don't want to cut into that. Is there any sort of external wallplate box that just screws into the floor or wall, but that also looks aesthetically acceptable?

there are wall mount boxes and a type of conduit stuff that goes on walls that is not too bad, it is what we have at school when new cables have to be run

Provantage has some nice black conduits if they're long enough and some wall mount mount stuff as well. Sorry, for some reason I thought this would be harder than simply shopping, lol.

Just thought I'd throw it out though the costs are a bit higher. Wireless?

When I lived in a mobile home, we ran the cable under the floor. Just drilled right through the floor.

As for there being metal in the wall, depends on how old it is. The one I lived in was just drywal, and insulation.

About wireless, I've heard that because of the metal walls, a wireless signal bounces around in a mobile home to where it's not very usable, if usable at all. That's why we're going wired.

I thought of one more question. The bottom of the mobile home is all metal, and I need to keep the cable off the ground. The metal means I can't just drill or nail in hangers. I need something that will attach to the metal crossbeams and keep the cable off the ground. I know I can buy some small clamps at a hardware store like you use in shop class, but does anyone know of anything else that's a little cheaper?

Back