Running a TeamSpeak server with a Router

ja391

n00b
I just recently download the TeamSpeak server edition and the client. I set up a server and everything, and I am able to connect to my server by running the client on the same computer. The TS2 server program gives me 2 IPs, one is my computer IP, and the other is the IP from my linksys router (192.168.1.100). Like I said, I am able to connect to the server when I am connecting from my own computer. However, when I give the IP(192.168.1.100) to my friend, he can not connect. It states that there was "no reply from server." I know this has something to do with my routers built in firewall. What should I do to make it so my friends can connect to my TeamSpeak server. I know I can just open all the ports on this computer by setting it as a DMZ, but I don't want to do. I just want to open the necessary ports for TeamSpeak, but I don't know how. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

http://www.whatismyip.com/

That 192.168.1.xxx ip is an internal IP address. You need to give him the external IP address (using whatismyip.com), and forward the ports Teamspeak runs on to the server's IP. Someone else will need to give you the details on how exactly to do this, though.

Thanks for your help Iorcani. I found out how to forward the ports and now it works.

Back