• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Running 32-bit software on Windows 2008 R2

Azhar

Fixing stupid since 1972
Joined
Jan 9, 2001
Messages
18,877
I'm in the process of building a new server using Windows 2008 R2 and RD Web Access, replacing a Windows 2003 R2 server running Citrix Access Essentials 2.0.

Win 2003 and CAE 2.0 were 32-bit and only had 4gb of RAM, but was running on a decent Xeon powered machine. Win 2008 and RD Web Access is 64-bit and runs on an 8-thread Nehalem Xeon and 12gb of RAM.

Problem is one of our program running on the 32-bit server will not install on a 64-bit OS. The program in question is Primavera P3 Enterprise (P3E). On a test server running Win 2008 R2 from Technet, I was able to get P3E working using VirtualBox with Windows XP Professional as the guest OS just to see if it can be virtualized. It had no problems running.

I'd like a Virtualization that I can run specific programs (in this case, P3E) that I can directly link without needing to launch a 32-bit OS through RemoteApp. To give you an idea what what I need, I'm including a screenshot below you can see RemoteApp application launchers from Internet Explorer.

RDWebAccess.jpg


As you probably imagine, if I were to use VirtualBox, I would be able to link a VirtualBox session for a 32-bit OS, and I would have a shortcut of P3E in the Start menu's Startup folder to make P3E launch immediately when the OS loads. I'd like to avoid having an OS behind P3E. Is this possible?
 
Back
Top