Run Win8 "Metro" apps in a window

Demon10000

Supreme [H]ardness
Stardock just released Modern Mix. It takes metro apps and puts them into a window and allows you to interact with them more like a regular app.

I know lots of people aren't a fan of Win8 because of the lack of a start menu, and the modern UI, but for $10 you can get Start8 and Modern Mix, and it should take away most of the complaints.

Not sure why you would want to when there's plenty of desktop equivalents out there.

Not sure why you would want to when there's plenty of desktop equivalents out there.
... for the rest of the apps that don't? I'm just tossing out a wild idea here. :p

Name one app that doesn't have its functionality covered by a desktop version. And no, specific games don't count, at least in my book :p

Name one app that doesn't have its functionality covered by a desktop version. And no, specific games don't count, at least in my book :p

Through a combination of web sites and desktop apps, most things beyond games do have a desktop equivalent though some of the Metro apps are very nice and much better looking than desktop apps or web site. I never use the Netflix site anymore or the Kindle and Nook desktop versions.

Back