Run cable through two story?

TechieSooner

Supreme [H]ardness
Any tips?

It's not hooked up for speaker wiring, I was just curious how one would do that... It's not like there's a drop down ceiling or attic I can get into to run it for my two rear speakers.

Any openings in the walls leading up to the 2nd floor for plumbing ..such as for shower, or washer/dryer? Those are the gaps to seek to make it easier, else...yeah fishing it through behind sheetrock 'n insulation isn't bad..but it's the framing construction that you'd have to drill through that makes things fun unless you can find existing throughways.

No attic? thats a bummer, I just finished running a conduit from my basement all the way to my attic for low voltage pulls, your situation seems difficult, you may have to cut some holes and use flex pits to drill through

Google for "Wall Fishing" and you should get some results that will help you. Essentially, your going to need to drill holes though the floor inside the wall cavity and use a fishing tape of some sort.

Really its not too hard if you have a basement and inside walls, but i gets abit more difficult when you start wallfishing with insulation, or walls that dont match up between floors.

Back