RUMOR - Titanfall Coming to PS4

It would be interesting to see what effect this would have if they were able to worm out of the exclusivity agreement to releaase it on PS4.

The effect on the XB1 as well would be huge.

It should of launched at the same time =) Not sure if I want to get a old game =)
not for 59.00 =)

I thought it was mentioned that while Titanfall would be exclusive to the XBone + PC, and that any future titles would be multiplatform. I wonder if their exclusive arrangement meant just the core Titanfall title, but did not specifiy a Titanfall + expansion content packages (to get around that exclusivity contract).

Either way, I'm not surprised and was expecting Titanfall to become multiplatform eventually.

The part that interest me isn't about Titanfall itself, it's that One's "big game" may come to PS4, it would be like a kick in the nutts.

Yar, I'm thinking we won't be seeing too many more Titanfall themed Xbone bundles if these rumours prove true.

I've never heard of either the site or the supposed known insider and given statements made by both EA and Respawn I'm going to believe it's all made up.

As for the PS4 devkit? Well duh, they were originally thinking of doing a PS4 version before EA made the exlusivity deal with MS so naturally they would have a devkit around so they can learn to develop for the system and port their engine.

The exclusivity agreement only covers the first game.

Also there may have been a clause in the agreement that says the exclusivity is contingent on selling X copies. Titanfall didn't sell terribly well for being available on PC/360/One, so they may be able to release a PS4 version of it.

I thought it was mentioned that while Titanfall would be exclusive to the XBone + PC, and that any future titles would be multiplatform. I wonder if their exclusive arrangement meant just the core Titanfall title, but did not specifiy a Titanfall + expansion content packages (to get around that exclusivity contract).

Either way, I'm not surprised and was expecting Titanfall to become multiplatform eventually.

Yeah, I remember reading that as well. I'm pretty sure they said Titanfall would be Xbox and PC only, but that future Titanfall titles could (and would be) multi-platform. Like you mentioned, does that extend to this current game bundled with the DLC, or any other special content? Who knows.

The exclusivity agreement only covers the first game.

Also there may have been a clause in the agreement that says the exclusivity is contingent on selling X copies. Titanfall didn't sell terribly well for being available on PC/360/One, so they may be able to release a PS4 version of it.

I'm not sure I'd say it "didn't sell terribly well." Just the other day there was an article about how on an earnings call the COO of EA mentioned to investors that the game sold 925,000 copies in the month of March (when it launched). However, the number he used was from the NPD, which meant that that nearly one million in sales only covered the US, and does not even include digital downloads from both Origin and the Xbox Live Marketplace. It also didn't include the 360 version.

Last edited:
I doubt the rumor is true unless there was a clause in the contract stating it had to sell a certain amount on Xbox One specifically.

The pictures are a bit absurd because we knew last year that they had the game up and running on PS4.

Or it could be a GOTY edition where it includes all DLC, coming out around December. Like someone mentioned earlier about the core game only.

Everyone should know by now that Titanfall 2 will definitely end up on Sonys platform. Microsoft will not money hat the difference when the PS4 by then will have two times the user base.

I doubt the rumor is true unless there was a clause in the contract stating it had to sell a certain amount on Xbox One specifically.

The pictures are a bit absurd because we knew last year that they had the game up and running on PS4.

Or it could be a GOTY edition where it includes all DLC, coming out around December. Like someone mentioned earlier about the core game only.

Everyone should know by now that Titanfall 2 will definitely end up on Sonys platform. Microsoft will not money hat the difference when the PS4 by then will have two times the user base.

Depending on the wording of the contract they could do what Tecmo did with Ninja Gaiden but I wouldn't expect that to happen. It would be simpler to just release Titanfall 2 on Sony platforms with improvements based on feedback from the first game.

There is an easy fix for that. Buy Respawn. Hell they probably thought about it for this release but figured they could buy exclusivity and decide whether they could sustain a franchise with it.

On the other hand being an exclusive this early in the xbone launch window matters a lot more than 1-2 years later even if the game would sell 5x more later.

Also 1 mil is a huge attach rate. If its xbone only and us only.

Simple, release Titanfall with additional features and just call it Titanfall : <Subname here>.

Could they get away with that? Lol. Virtually same game, just better resolution, textures, and stable framerate typical of an XBone vs PS4 multiplat.

There is an easy fix for that. Buy Respawn. Hell they probably thought about it for this release but figured they could buy exclusivity and decide whether they could sustain a franchise with it.

On the other hand being an exclusive this early in the xbone launch window matters a lot more than 1-2 years later even if the game would sell 5x more later.

Also 1 mil is a huge attach rate. If its xbone only and us only.

That would be an incredibly expensive fix, and considering it failed to push a substantial amount of hardware (still losing to PS4 in NA by 60k at 449.99 with Titanfall and a year of Live included) I doubt Microsoft would be willing to drop that much cash. It would be a huge sum of money.

Hope MS gets their money back. It didn't help the X1 anywhere as much as MS was hopping. They really need to have an ace up their sleeve at E3.

I've played every CoD game except Ghosts, and Titan Fall can hold its own without being associated as just a "CoD game with mechs" . It feels innovative and it's integrated with the good characteristics of other fun games.

Played this game on PC for about 2 weeks after it was released and haven't touched it since. It was very fun while it lasted, but it died out on me extremely fast; not sure if that was the case with other gamers. However, it's always a positive when a game comes out on another platform.

Calling bullshit. Microsoft paid for an exclusive platform lockdown for this first title. If this is any bit real Microsoft will sue and win a pretty large sum of money I might add.

Nope , don't buy it.

Calling bullshit. Microsoft paid for an exclusive platform lockdown for this first title. If this is any bit real Microsoft will sue and win a pretty large sum of money I might add.

Nope , don't buy it.

It would be beneficial for the game, but I think it's BS too.

Nope , don't buy it.

While I tend to agree with you it all really depends on how the agreement was worded. From what I understand it's just the first Titalfall game that is exclusive. How did they define game?

EA could release "Titanfall Special Edition" and depending on the content and wording of the agreement they could be in the clear as long as they made some changes and it wasn't a carbon copy of the code.

Just look at Mass Effect. Most people thought the original would never see the PS3 since Microsoft had a publishing deal for it. Depending on how the deal was written up we could see it happen. I am sure EA would love to get it out to a wider market.

Back