[Rumor] Steam Summer Sale starts on 19th and lasts 8 days?

First steam sale purchases in over a year...Witcher 2 and Risk of Rain. 7 bucks total.

Same here. It feels like the Summer one is the one that always sucks me in.

Metal Gear Slug 3 (nostalgia, sweet nostalgia) and Payday 2 so far.

I really wish Steam would just put all the zombie titles on sale for 1 day and just get it over with.

I like blasting zombies, I really do. Its just overkill to have 2 or 3 titles a day be about surviving the zombie apocalypse.

Yeah screw zombies Left for Dead is the ultimate Zombie game. Resident Evil started it all and it just kinda spiraled out of control from there Movies comic books
People dressing up as Zombies Zombie Apocalypse magazines that take zombies seriously.

Urban Trials Freestyle is only $1 and is a badass game. It seems to be similar to Trials Evolution and Trials Fusion, but I've never played Trials; just watched streams of it. I had to set the exe to admin to get it to run in Win 8.1 Pro.

Finally got Rocksmith 2014. I played it on Xbox and it such an improvement over the original. $15 was a steal.

I'll likely buy Skyrim: Legendary since it's just hit a new price drop point. It's unlikely to be cheaper in sales within the next 6 months, and even then would only likely drop to $10 at the most. Wished they'd implement the equivalent of a "season pass" as I already had the base game since launch.

The only other game I've been specifically looking for was Batman: Arkham Origins. However I've already bought this and the season pass for cheaper at GMG as I (accurately) gauged it'd actually be more expensive during the Steam sale due to lack of a discount coupon.

Otherwise we'll see if anything spur of the moment interesting shows up.

Gaming hasn't been all that interesting for me over the last few years (since 2011), so there hasn't really been a build up of titles I've specifically been looking for. 2015 looks like the next big wave for me.

Yeah screw zombies Left for Dead is the ultimate Zombie game. Resident Evil started it all and it just kinda spiraled out of control from there Movies comic books
People dressing up as Zombies Zombie Apocalypse magazines that take zombies seriously.

I don't think it's accurate to credit Resident Evil for the onset of popularity in the zombie genre in all entertainment fields. Even for gaming specifically I'd say the current modern zombie interest is tied to popular culture and more so Left for Dead and CoD Zombie mod for gaming specifically.

I wonder if the zombie idea is also popular from a developmental stand point. It would be easier to implement zombies in a game from a AI and animation stand point compared to more complex human characters. This would especially apply to more "indie" developers.

Zombies are a joke...I mean if the government whips up some umbrella project with their own while trying to shut down generators at the same time more power to them I guess.

I've bought Don't Starve + ROG, BioShock Triple Pack, and Torchlight 2 so far.

So you're the person they keep running the sale for.... :p That's the one thing that always makes me wonder when a sale comes up. I've probably seen TL2 and Terraria go on sale 50+ times. You have to wonder who is still buying it in large enough quantities that it keeps being one of the "highlights" of the sale.

Side note: If anyone doesn't have unepic yet it might be worth a look at $2.50.

I'm still holding out for Watch Dogs, but if I don't see it soon I might just pull the trigger.
I'm 1/2 tempted to get the Witcher 3-pack since my copies of Witcher 1 & 2 are disk-based. It's always nice to have older games on Steam.

Finally made my first purchase for this sale The Swapper for $2.99. Hard to go wrong for less than the price of a meal at fast food place.

i've never seen so much crap being offered for sale...wow

maybe all the good stuff will be the last day..lol

i've never seen so much crap being offered for sale...wow

maybe all the good stuff will be the last day..lol

The Wolf Among Us is one of the best games to come out recently and is a gift to be on the sale list.

I love how the South Park game is "on sale" at full-pop retail.

At 10:00AM the games update, and the sale prices usually take ~2 minutes to show up. By 10:02AM, South Park price was listed at $40.19, -33%.

Surgeon Simulator and Stanley Parable yesterday..

On the fence for the Skyrim DLCs..

How about this 'Metro: Last Light'? Any good?

So how much money do people have to spend to get the 3 games off their wishlist? LMAO.

So how much money do people have to spend to get the 3 games off their wishlist? LMAO.

Man, not idea. That "Team' thing is some type of real competition. I have people messaging me about makes a run for the title. I'm thinking, "Are you crazy?" LOL!

Anyone played Planetary Annihilation? For $17 seems like it might be the time to jump.

Typically how I feel with the alpha/beta games on steam.. It's why I have shied away from Prison Architect this whole last year..

VdgG0iR.png

For anyone wondering, transformers is a pretty good shooter. Personally I don't care anything for the characters but it was on sale and had good reviews.I enjoyed it.

But it's not finished, like so many other games this sale. Early access is such a blight.

Except its not early access for The Wolf Among Us. Just because all the episodes are not released yet doesn't means its an unfinished early access game. That's like saying don't buy a season pass for a game because its not finished until all the content the season pass gets you is out.

Except its not early access for The Wolf Among Us. Just because all the episodes are not released yet doesn't means its an unfinished early access game. That's like saying don't buy a season pass for a game because its not finished until all the content the season pass gets you is out.

I can see your point but with this being a story based game, unlike something like batman where you get more skins, the whole story isn't released and there's no guarantee it will be. Telltale is not a trustworthy company.

In it's current state, there isn't a complete game, it just happens to be missing the "early access" label.

It's worth it for the Kooky story alone and it plays really slick... It's a candy coated version of the 1st one.

That price sounds a little high for how long BL2 has been out - I would expect it to be under $10 at some point during the sale. And be sure to play the first Borderlands first. They're both great and will kill many many hours of your life - if you're into FPS games and like a little bit of RPG leveling action you will love Borderlands! Very unique humor, art-style, and story to both of them, and the action and gun-play is excellent. The graphics in both of them are very similar (very stylized and cartoonish), so there's no real point to starting with #2, and there are a few fun references to the first game in #2 that you won't get unless you played it already. See if you can get them both for cheap, but be sure to play the first one first.

I agree, Borderlands (1 or 2 or both) are great! I put a few hundred hours into the first one. Less into the second, but it's still quite a cool game. I will definitely go back to it and play more at some point. If you can find a couple of friends to play with you it really makes the game. $15 seems like a decent price actually.

Borderlands 2 GOTY for 15 bucks is a no brainer. It will probably be cheaper later in the sale.

Personally looking for Van Helsing 2 on a flash sale or something. Its down to 11.99 right now.
I bought the game based on everyone's suggestion. The game is just fricking awesome! Thanks again...

The points are divvied up on summer adventure badges crafted as well as other game badges crafted. Basically another hook into the card trading. Those that crafted are in the pool to get the three games (assuming their team one).

probably a dumb question, but how do you tell what group you are in?

Go under your profile on your steam client under "current in - game" which is located on the middle right hand side of your steam profile. If it doesn't show the team you're in then you didn't join one.

25hfk14.png

I have to say I am really liking "7 Days to Die". It's an alpha and it's not perfect, but it's really fun after you get to understand the crafting system. Zombie Apocalypse game with a minecraft-y + terraria like vibe :) Well worth the discount price IMHO.

I bought the game based on everyone's suggestion. The game is just fricking awesome! Thanks again...

I bought the full BL2 pack for my son and daughter, and we played it all weekend. They'd never played it before, so I took them through the first half of the main campaign to get them leveled up a bit. We had a blast.

It wasn't quite like playing with my friends who get all of the jokes/innuendo, but still incredibly fun. I forgot about the shift codes, so I went and found a couple tweets, got a ton of keys, and got some nice new guns in the process. :cool: This kinda renewed my interest in the game, so I'm going through some of the DLC that I never tried before now too.

Looks like it's finally time to buy Saints Row 4!!! It's 75% off all SR games and DLC today; now I just need to figure out which way to buy all of it. If anyone can shed some more light on these options, I would appreciate it.

SR4 main game = $9.99
Buy All DLC = $19.76, for a total of $29.75

Or I can buy this Saints Row Ultimate Franchise Pack for $18.74 and save $10. I already have SR2/3 so there will be a lot of duplicate items in there, but if I won't be missing anything from SR4 I'll just pick up the big pack to save money.

Anyone know what the deal is with that Ultimate Franchise pack? Will I really get everything that goes with SR4 or will I be missing stuff?

Back