Rumor Has It

All I know is I hope they stay around. I like PC-Club. pretty good prices on most things and again they are local. I bought my G0 Q6600 from them when they were super hard to find online.

No, sorry if I didn't make it clear enough. From what I understand, the new owner's intentions the whole time was to make a buck off the company. He didn't have real interest in PC Club/Club IT. But, if you want at least a hint of a confirmation of what we've been saying, look at the website--nothing comes up on the pages now. I assume that the new owner had the whole "We're closing" thing taken down so that he could regroup in order to re-open the company next week.

Were the owners stealing money?

The previous owner then sold the companies to make a buck from the new owner. He was basically bailed out of his financial struggles. I've only bought one thing from ClubIT anyway (Q6600 chip).

Rumors are no good to place anything on them. I will wait around and see what happens. Unless this will be something like the Phantom console which quite literally was a phantom...

Hmm... I always kind of liked PC Club since they were so close if I needed parts. Then CompUSA started carrying component parts and having decent sales once in awhile and by this time I didn't care to wait a few days for shipping to save more and bought online. I sincerely hope they re-open and give these guys their jobs back. Other than RAM, I really never had to return much computer stuff anyway so I will consider them for local purchases for sure. I actually didn't even know they were affiliated with ClubIT and I had great service and price the one time I bought from there... Anyway, here's to American competition! :)

Wow...missed this one for a couple of days.

I always really liked having a brick and mortar PC Club around to pick up inexpensive items when needed quickly/easily. Got an 8500gt there a few months ago to drive dual monitors on my workstation, actually.

Hopefully it'll reopen in some fashion as some have been saying.

Egghead. got the first SB card through them, really sucked when they went out.

A LOT different than this though, it took about 6mths for my local store to close, even though they never received new stock in that time.

Cross fingers that PcCLub/ClubIT make it back, might just have been a bit of court paperwork needed to complete the deal.So they HAd to shut down legal wise for a few days

Okay, the same person that confirmed my information yesterday (who works there ;)) has confirmed that the company was bought out and now has new owners. There is a strong possibility (from what I understand) that they are going to re-open under the new owners, and the old owners have agreed to this during the buy-out.

I'm sorta slammed at work at the moment, but I got a phone call telling me what was up. I'll happily clarify anything you guys want as needed. :p

Contacts from the top of the company say that the company is under new management now and under negoitiations to possibly re-open stores.

Employees might be getting contacted to be ready when the word is given to go back to work.

However, there will be some initial problems since there are a number of confirmations that there was a number of theft and other "shady" business during the last day (and next morning using store keys) from the employees and even managers... of certain location.

Those people will more than likely be facing some criminal convictions for theft and other legal issues.

Contacts from the top of the company say that the company is under new management now and under negoitiations to possibly re-open stores.

Employees might be getting contacted to be ready when the word is given to go back to work.

However, there will be some initial problems since there are a number of confirmations that there was a number of theft and other "shady" business during the last day (and next morning using store keys) from the employees and even managers... of certain location.

Those people will more than likely be facing some criminal convictions for theft and other legal issues.

Dont fuck with disgruntled employees, I guess they were taking home their severance package from the store shelves, lol.

People forgive and forget... unless you're Fuzzy Logik. :cool:

I won't be making purchases at Club IT or PC Club if I can help it. This little fiasco is just not my idea of something I want to foster with my heard earned income.

I just purchased a motherboard from PC Club a few days before they closed. It was awhile when I had been in the stores but it looked like hell in there, like a going out of business liquidation sale. I think they only had like 3 motherboards to select from in the entire store. Pretty pathetic - this was the Long Beach store. The other store I go to by Fry's in Manhatten Beach was a shell of what it used to be, replaced by some coffee shop in the half of the space they lost.

I am wondering if all this talk is just speculation - PC Laptop is interested in some of the old PC Club stores - outside those states they don't already have stores. If anything, they already publicly announced they would like those leases - BUT - this is no guarantee they would be bringing all the PC Club employees back?

--copy of article--

PC Laptops offers help to stranded PC Club customers
DAILY HERALD
PC Club filed Ch. 7, liquidating 37 stores including three in Utah
Grace Leong

South Jordan-based PC Laptops, which built its business on rescuing stranded customers of failed PC companies including those of Totally Awesome Computers, is now offering to help PC Club's customers after the California company filed Chapter 7 bankruptcy on Tuesday because of mounting cash flow problems.

PC Club, a City of Industry, Calif.-based personal computer store chain, shuttered 37 stores nationwide including three in Utah (in Orem, Riverdale and Murray) on Tuesday. The company, which had operations in Arizona, California, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Oregon and Washington, also shuttered its online ClubIT.com store.

As a result of the Ch. 7 filing, which will result in the liquidation of PC Club's assets, around 300 of its workers nationwide are now out of work. It is unclear how many of those workers are in Utah.

PC Laptops on Wednesday announced it will launch a radio and online advertising campaign offering free lifetime labor and service support to all PC Club brand computer owners, a strategy it uses to quickly ramp up its customer base. The company gained thousands of new clients by offering similar free services to customers of CompUSA, Gateway, Micron Computers and Totally Awesome Computers, when they closed their Utah stores in recent years.

PC Laptops, which has 86 workers at its seven Utah stores including one in Orem, and one in Henderson, Nev., also said it has immediate job openings for 20 workers in Utah and Nevada. Interested applicants can submit a resume and cover letter via e-mail to [email protected]his e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it or call 801-870-9960.

The company is also looking to buy PC Club's assets including stores in Las Vegas, Reno and Phoenix. "I've contacted PC Club's bankruptcy attorney to find out how we can do that. We're not likely to buy the Utah PC Club stores because we already have locations close to those," said Dan "The Laptop Man" Young, president and founder of PC Laptops. "The most valuable assets would be its customer lists and locations in other markets, computer units and components."

When Totally Awesome Computers shut down in March 2006 and closed eight stores in Utah, PC Laptops hired 26 of its employees and took over three stores in Orem, Layton and Murray.

Like I said. This is just the beginning expect a whole hell of a lot more to be evaporated by the end of 2009. If your an owner and making ends meet now, get the hell out and run the services part out of your home. THere is no profit unless your selling a macro levels anyway. Nearly all of these small shops have no idea how to manage a anything like that.
http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2008/05/15/dsg_turnaround/

I worked/work at the Tigard Oregon. We were informed on Wednesday night that it is possible, repeat "possible", that the store may be opening again next week. That is all we and our bosses know. We have not been told that it will be Monday, or any particular day at all. We have only been informed that we may be opening under new owners possibly as early as next week. I for one hope this is true because I enjoyed working for PC Club, and helping customers, and I hate looking for a new job. We tried repeatedly on Tuesday to contact all the customers with Computers in for service and to tell them to come in and get them quickly, before we left at 5pm. There is a Sign now at the store saying we may be reopening soon.

Yeah and if we do reopen who knows how we are going to recover from what we have done to our customers..

-Josh ORCK

well i would be happy for the people who get thier jobs back.... but i be damn if i would order from them

While I'm sure the brand name will take a hit from this, it seems rather senseless for those that would be more fully informed (such as those reading this thread) on the changes in ownership to hold someone else's mistakes against them.

Our customers (CCSR) were really loyal and sad about it, I think they'll forgive PC Club.

And i'm sure some would. However I think we need to change the name brand and company name. But I also think we should be paid fairly. The fact of the matter is that the people from geek squad and firedog who make from 11 - 18.00 an hr send customers to us because the can not fix the problem and then we do fix it.

-Josh ORCK

Good News!

I just officially confirmed it through my friend who works for pcclub that they are indeed re-opening again tomorrow morning. Normal hours, same employees.

Good News!

I just officially confirmed it through my friend who works for pcclub that they are indeed re-opening again tomorrow morning. Normal hours, same employees.

100% True. PC Club is back. Hope the new owners are liquidators like CompUSA's new owners ahahahahahaaa.

PC Club is open for good. No liquidation, normal business. We're here for our customers as we always have been. As for those worried about spending money there - at worst, if you buy a motherboard, you always have the manufacturer's warranty. If no one shops there because they're scared, then that may be a self-fulfilling prophesy. The new owner and financial backers are very secure. We're here for good, and we're here to serve you, our customers.

PC Club is open for good. No liquidation, normal business. We're here for our customers as we always have been. As for those worried about spending money there - at worst, if you buy a motherboard, you always have the manufacturer's warranty. If no one shops there because they're scared, then that may be a self-fulfilling prophesy. The new owner and financial backers are very secure. We're here for good, and we're here to serve you, our customers.

Everyone at CCSR is stoked beyond belief. We have a really tight crew here. Let's hope everything is back to normal, if not better!

And let's also hope the new owners continue to NOT do secret shops since, secret shoppers are faggots.

Everyone at CCSR is stoked beyond belief. We have a really tight crew here. Let's hope everything is back to normal, if not better!

And let's also hope the new owners continue to NOT do secret shops since, secret shoppers are faggots.

Whoa how about just liars.. That was a little harsh and rude.

Matt that kind of thing will git you banned you know, and this is good news, my contact hasent said anything to me yet but I am still at work right now so I cant call him about it.

it does look that they do... have some good deals.too bad i don't have money. If anyone is looking to score some good deals now would be a good time.

Can someone ban that assclown? Is there a real need to post in a huge font tons of times?Maybe your blind and dumb, but the rest of us are not.

Never went to the store, as I have other OEM stores close to me. PDX area has lots! :D

Back