Rumor: Halo 1-4 bundled in Master Chief Collection for Xbox One

qbanb8582

2[H]4U
http://www.joystiq.com/2014/05/16/rumor-halo-1-4-bundled-in-master-chief-collection-for-xbox-one/

This is how I feel about a Master Chief Collection on the xbox one.

shutupandtakemymoney_zps3bbbd52e.jpeg

...and here I thought we were just getting Halo 2: Anniversary Edition. All four games would be awesome.

I'd probably pick that up when I got a XB1, as long as it's well done. I like the Halo series and seeing as MS likely has no intention of ever porting the rest to the PC it will make a good thing to pick up and play on the One. I own 3 and 4 on the 360 but haven't got around to playing through them yet. Been waiting until I get Anniversary and 2 to replay those games and do the entire series in a row.

It'd be kinda crappy if the rumor was false, and they were only releasing a Halo 2: Anniversary Edition and not a series release after we got ourselves all hyped up over the rumor.

It'd be kinda crappy if the rumor was false, and they were only releasing a Halo 2: Anniversary Edition and not a series release after we got ourselves all hyped up over the rumor.

Yeah. I don't want to get too excited before E3. Major Nelson posted something on his blog that makes it sound like they have something pretty good in store for us, when it comes to Halo... so here's hoping:

Many fans noted that I was very deliberate with my phrasing on stage at E3 last year. I spoke about a “journey,” rather than a destination – and that journey definitely begins in 2014 with a giant leap, rather than one small step. We’ll give you much more information about our plans for this year at the Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing on June 9, and we’re confident that Halo fans will be pretty excited the special plans we have in store.

Major Nelson

The "journey" begins with a "giant leap," rather than "one small step?" That certainly sounds like it could be a bundle of all the previous games, rather than just releasing one (one small step). What would be a better "journey" than playing all four Halo games, updated for the Xbox One, before the release of the new, fifth game in 2015?

Last edited:
Shit I was expecting 2-4 but Halo 1 on top of that? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.

I think it will be remastered SP 1-4 and one MP client that uses the best maps/modes from each game.

I was never a huge halo fan... played some here and there.

With the reduction in price of a base Xbox One (without having to pay for the crap kinect) I could see maybe getting into it.

Not for a while though - with the new Wolfenstein coming out along with Watch dogs, and hopefully an updated netcode in BF4.... it's a busy time.

Damn having a job and a mortgage to pay though.

I bought Halo Reach around sold my x-box shortly after Halo 4 game me massive eyestrain due to the bloom on BIG INFNITY TEAM Death Match =)

Well 1 , 3 and 4 wouldn't be too hard to convert (especially 4) but 2 would require a all new sources which would take quite a bit of time.

I bet we'll see 2 and 3 but not 4 since 4 just came out recently and is still fresh in the minds of its audience. Its sad that the drop off of Halo 4's MP has been so huge. It went from great numbers to basically shit since it released.

*ignoring fanboism*

Crap, I completely forgot, liking Microsoft around here is the same as being a fanboy. I will have to remember that in the future. :) In the past, I was not really interested in Halo but, if the storyline is good and graphics are improved, I may just have to give it a shot this time around.

Well 1 , 3 and 4 wouldn't be too hard to convert (especially 4) but 2 would require a all new sources which would take quite a bit of time.

I bet we'll see 2 and 3 but not 4 since 4 just came out recently and is still fresh in the minds of its audience. Its sad that the drop off of Halo 4's MP has been so huge. It went from great numbers to basically shit since it released.

In theory, wouldn't Halo 2 be the easiest to port, considering it was also written for x86 architecture? Halo 3, 4 and the Halo 1 remaster were all ported to PPC architecture, which would need some serious work to get to work (see Naughty Dog's comments on porting Last of Us to PS4). Just a thought.

In theory, wouldn't Halo 2 be the easiest to port, considering it was also written for x86 architecture? Halo 3, 4 and the Halo 1 remaster were all ported to PPC architecture, which would need some serious work to get to work (see Naughty Dog's comments on porting Last of Us to PS4). Just a thought.

Yar, that makes sense to me. You know, if they're porting the previous entries to x86, it'd be kinda nice if they finally brought the series back to the Windows platform. It'd be a nice way to show that MS is serious about PC gaming too.

Yar, that makes sense to me. You know, if they're porting the previous entries to x86, it'd be kinda nice if they finally brought the series back to the Windows platform. It'd be a nice way to show that MS is serious about PC gaming too.

I understand why you would want something like this. However, they really need to focus on the One and make it exclusive for that to help keep the One going strong. Also, to be honest, not you but, a lot of PC gamers are super cheap and would complain, "This is just a rehash, I am not going to spend $60 for four games. Maybe when it is on sale for $5 on steam." :rolleyes:

:)

Personally I prefer Xbone (though I hear it as 'crossbone' in my head and not 'ex bone').

You are in an Xbox one thread just for that? Oh well, trolls will troll I guess. Calling it the One is correct since that is what it is.

Actually I did contribute with a comment, if you read a few posts up...:confused::confused:

No it wouldn't. The amount of assets required is going to be extensive. And Halo textures are pre-HD on the Xbox so it will probably take the same amount of work as the 360 release of Halo Annivers edition.

Its not a matter of porting the engine , but re-creating HD assets that's the hardest and most time consuming. Halo 3 could be easily upscaled with slightly higher texture resolution for instance since it came to life in the HD era of console gaming.

They already did that for Halo 2 Vista.

And they will want it even better looking because it's their flagship console franchise. Halo 2 Vista looks pretty crappy by today's standards and needs a bump for that next gen hype to keep interest in their weaker platform graphically speaking.

Yar, this rumor sounds like it'd be a giant undertaking if true. Luckily E3 is only a couple of weeks away.

I'm hoping that there'll be modifiers you could enable for each game. IE: Playing the original Halo with dual wielding. Not necessarily balanced stuff, just modifiers to change up the core game a bit.

If it has real Halo 1 online multiplayer I will cream my pants.

If it is like Halo CE Anniversary Edition I'll just be angry. All I fucking wanted was Halo 1 on Xbox Live.

Are you suggesting a console port of a pc port of a console title? :eek:

Back