Ruckus Wireless

Ruckus Wireless is our go to product. I've installed hundreds of access points and about a hundred controllers within the past year and a half. Ask away.

I've run into it, i replaced it as soon as we took over the network and put in Cisco. There was tons of issues with clients dropping randomly. I put the same amount of Cisco 1142n's in the exact same place as the rukkus ap's and never had anymore issues.

Ruckus Wireless is our go to product. I've installed hundreds of access points and about a hundred controllers within the past year and a half. Ask away.

Why did you choose Ruckus over the other favorites (Ubiquiti, Aruba, etc)? Price point?

Most of our deployments are high density and in school systems so price is not the deciding factor. From our experience we have found that the Ruckus Wireless has better signal penetration, handles a larger number of clients per access point, and is extremely easy to setup and maintain.

We have replaced a number of other wireless systems with a lower number of access points,yet provide better coverage and performance than before. I have yet to see any deployment where the Ruckus Wireless performs worse than what the customer had before.

Most of our deployments are high density and in school systems so price is not the deciding factor. From our experience we have found that the Ruckus Wireless has better signal penetration, handles a larger number of clients per access point, and is extremely easy to setup and maintain.

We have replaced a number of other wireless systems with a lower number of access points,yet provide better coverage and performance than before. I have yet to see any deployment where the Ruckus Wireless performs worse than what the customer had before.

Have you ever had issues with AP's randomly rebooting?

What is the typical cost per AP? How about the controller system?

Have you ever had issues with AP's randomly rebooting?

Looks like the AP is malfunctioning. Out of the hundreds of 7363 or 7982 APs, I have yet to run into one that reboots from a kernel panic. Have you tried updating the firmware? Contact Ruckus support?

What is the typical cost per AP? How about the controller system?

In my current position/role, I'm not involved in the sales cycle so I don't get to see what the equipment is bought or sold for.

Ruckus is our go to wireless solution as well.

The 7372, the new AP that has an extra set of antennas for coverage directly above/below the AP, are around 650 a piece. We use a ton of these and the external APs, 7762.

Great products

Yes I have updated firmware and contacted ruckus support. I have about 3 AP's right now that do it randomly.

We paid about $25k for dual 3000 series zone directors and 18 7982 AP's.

we had the same issue and it had to do with the firmware.

since we upgraded our firmware the AP's no longer dropped randomly.

Yes I have updated firmware and contacted ruckus support. I have about 3 AP's right now that do it randomly.

We paid about $25k for dual 3000 series zone directors and 18 7982 AP's.

Return the defective ones, NOW.
We switched to ruckus AP's and a controller and have loved the setup. We had 1 out of nine that started to do warm boots. Got in touch with our supplier and the unit was replaced no hassle at all. Opened the defective unit and found a loose solder ball inside the case, oh well guess we have a spare on the shelf ready to go now. After i removed the loose solder ball the AP works fine now.

Ruckus is our go to wireless solution as well.

The 7372, the new AP that has an extra set of antennas for coverage directly above/below the AP, are around 650 a piece. We use a ton of these and the external APs, 7762.

Great products

Would you say that the 7372's give better coverage than the 7982's? The reason I ask is because most of our AP's are deployed in warehouses and have lots of shelving and large rolls of paper board stacked almost all the way to the ceiling. We have had issues with Motorola Barcode Scanners dropping connection to wireless.

Back