• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Rubber Wheels

Comedian

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 15, 2005
Messages
107
I was wondering if anyone has found rubber wheels for a computer case. I have checked a couple of sites and most casters are plastic.

After attending quakecon the last couple of years at the Anatole, I realized that pushing my computer across the hotel, with plastic wheels can be pretty loud. Also I would think rubber wheels would reduce the shaking ever so slightly.

I have a mountainmods U2-UFO, and I haven't seen rubber wheels through their website. I haven't tried lowes or home depot yet, but if anyone knows anything about good rubber wheels that I could fit to my case, please please let me know.
 
Bumping thread, and saying that I couldn't find much online, seems like all the mainstream casters are for professional use and very expensive. Went to home depot and found some wheels, but I might have to re-cut case. Anyone have any experience with any of this and know of any rubber wheels worth getting but for a good price?
 
Heh, like that or like RC car rubber wheels. Something along those lines, where you can actually ROLL the thing along pavement. Something that mounts easy too.
 
Could heat-shrink tubing work?

it might cost a bit to a large enough size but it doesn't conduct electricity and would fit plastic casters perfectly.
 
Wheels on luggage are rubber sometimes... you may be able to find something in that direction
 
dunno if they are too big but ive seen some at pep boys, can remember if they were for creepers or toolboxes.

just searching the web found some links, some might be taller than you want, but you can always build a stand that you strap the case to to push/pull http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/...Adwords)&cm_pla=casters&cm_ite=rubber casters


anyway you get the idea, ive seen ones that look like mini atv tires for them at pepboys, but cant search that website for crap.

scavenge wheels from a cheap skateboard might work, but some of them are loud. but would need to turn though.

might be too big, but might look nice under a case http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00959886000P
 
Those casters from the first link are a lot cheaper than I had been seeing. I think I will stop at a pep boys on my way home from work today. Thanks for the good find!
 
Back
Top