Rubber Fan Silencers

It wouldnt make the fan in its self any quieter, but it would indeed do what it is supposed to, that is, iw will danpwn the vibrations between the fan and the case.

I would just get come rubber washers tho, it would be cheaper, and you can jsut get them at your local hardware store.

we got a set of these to use in my bud's case and I think they help but I can't tell for sure because the case is still noisy as hell. The case has 2x 80mm panaflow 21db exhaust fans and a 120mm no name up front that seems to over power everything else. Each fan has the rubber dealy on it. The noise that we have now seems to be mostly air getting sucked in from the front rather than the vibrating whining noise we used to have.

So, I think they help, but I don't know to what degree yet. Once I finish the front ducting mod and get a 120mm stealth fan I think I'll know for sure.

Oh, yeah. The material that they use is a REALLY thin silicone like deal. Antec also makes kits for the same thing, they are a little more expensive but perhaps they use thicker, better material? It also come with washers that I haven't installed yet because we're still waiting on the new intake fan.

Don't know if that helps or not. :confused:

EAR composite fan mounts - you can get the from Mcmaster. They will acoustically isolate your fan from the case.

Or you could gat a tube of RVT silacone and tur some blobs of that on it. Realy, as ong as your fans are secured tightly there will be no room for them to rattle and vibrate.

Only problem I see with using washers or rubber mounters(IE, anything that's *not* a rubber "crush" gasket) is that if you need air to flow as efficiently as possible through a certain spice(like say, through a radiator, or moreover, into the radiator fan shroud), using rubber washers or rubber mounters would leave an air space between the fan and whatever you're mounting it to.

The ones at Siliconacoustics are $4 each.

At Mcmaster-carr $9.71 for a 20 pack.

1 5801K6 - Vibration Damping PVC $9.71 $9.71
Miniature Fan Mount 4.4 mm Hold
Dia, .25 lb Max Load
Compression, Packs of 20

Have you guys seen that stuff at hardware stores that you can dip the handles of your tools in to create an insulating layer on them? I was thinking you might be able to "paint" that stuff on the edges of your fan for whichever side you are going to mount it on. This would create a "vibration damper" while also keeping the space between your case and the fan from being open, like using washers does. Anyone know what I'm talking about and would this actually work?

i have the antec kit for PSU and fans...

all thats left to do are the drives...but I dont think Im going to - the machine is pretty silent as is, and I can't even hear the hard drives spin up unless the side panel is off and my head is besides the case.

Antec 'Lanboy' case w/ some quiet 80mm fans - there was a slight 'buzzing' noise to the case before the kit....i was quite happy with it

and the antec kit supplies 8 extra washers to use on your heatsink/fan

Originally posted by jpnelson83
Have you guys seen that stuff at hardware stores that you can dip the handles of your tools in to create an insulating layer on them? I was thinking you might be able to "paint" that stuff on the edges of your fan for whichever side you are going to mount it on. This would create a "vibration damper" while also keeping the space between your case and the fan from being open, like using washers does. Anyone know what I'm talking about and would this actually work?

Plasti-dip. It could work, but I think you'd need to do *many* layers for it to work. A single layer ends up being fairly thin, and not very rubbery.

Originally posted by jpnelson83

You could try liquid electrical tape. It comes with a brush in the can. Different colors too; red, black typically, blue and green too I think. Practice first though the stuff can be messy. Any good hardware store will have it.

Originally posted by Xeese
The ones at Siliconacoustics are $4 each.

At Mcmaster-carr $9.71 for a 20 pack.

1 5801K6 - Vibration Damping PVC $9.71 $9.71
Miniature Fan Mount 4.4 mm Hold
Dia, .25 lb Max Load
Compression, Packs of 20
thats like $1 per 4 pack versus $4. thanks for posting Xeese.

Back