RTX 3xxx performance speculation

It's almost like we said this was going to be the case and people argued it wasn't a paper launch since reviewers already had cards, lol. Well, that aged well... bring on the more expensive and slower AIB cards for everyone. Nvidia very limited supply FE cards (does anyone know of anyone that actually got an FE?) - check, jacked up AIB prices when they throttle way easier and cost more - check. Seems like everything predicted is coming true ;). Now we just have to sit back and wait for people to refer to MSRP prices and FE review speeds when arguing how well AMD needs to compete and the cycle will be complete, completely ignoring the actual perf/$ of cards you can buy. Sorry, it's just funny to watch everyone who had such high hopes, it's normally the AMD fan bois getting let down over and over again so it's fun to watch team green get in on some of that action ;).

It's almost like we said this was going to be the case and people argued it wasn't a paper launch since reviewers already had cards, lol. Well, that aged well... bring on the more expensive and slower AIB cards for everyone. Nvidia very limited supply FE cards (does anyone know of anyone that actually got an FE?) - check, jacked up AIB prices when they throttle way easier and cost more - check. Seems like everything predicted is coming true ;). Now we just have to sit back and wait for people to refer to MSRP prices and FE review speeds when arguing how well AMD needs to compete and the cycle will be complete, completely ignoring the actual perf/$ of cards you can buy. Sorry, it's just funny to watch everyone who had such high hopes, it's normally the AMD fan bois getting let down over and over again so it's fun to watch team green get in on some of that action ;).

Anyone that thought a 3080 would be easy to get is an idiot. It’s physically impossible for the system to stock enough cards for the demand (it’s also bad business practices to tie up cash.)

I’ll admit; I didnt expect it to go from notify to OOS with no inbetween lol. I thought there’d be at least a tease - even if you didn’t make it through checkout.

Anyone that thought a 3080 would be easy to get is an idiot. It’s physically impossible for the system to stock enough cards for the demand (it’s also bad business practices to tie up cash.)

I’ll admit; I didnt expect it to go from notify to OOS with no inbetween lol. I thought there’d be at least a tease - even if you didn’t make it through checkout.
It's pretty much what I expected, of course I was told I was wrong plenty of times before launch, but, now everyone knows for sure. Most places never actually even got stock, a few got a few cards, but nowhere near close to enough. This was pretty much a paper launch. This almost reminds me of AMD's 3300x launch, lol... was never available, and when it was it was WAY over MSRP to where the next higher up (sometimes 2 higher up) model is cheaper. My guess (and going by some posts on AMD's site already) is we'll start seeing pricing increases up to/past $1k for the 3080 until availability gets a little better and then they will settle closer to $800, so when 20gb cards come out at $1k everyone feels like they're getting a great deal and 10gb cards will finally drop down closer to their MSRP. Just my ramblings though, they could all show up in stock tomorrow @ MSRP too, but I feel my story has a better chance of reality.

It's pretty much what I expected, of course I was told I was wrong plenty of times before launch, but, now everyone knows for sure. Most places never actually even got stock, a few got a few cards, but nowhere near close to enough. This was pretty much a paper launch. This almost reminds me of AMD's 3300x launch, lol... was never available, and when it was it was WAY over MSRP to where the next higher up (sometimes 2 higher up) model is cheaper. My guess (and going by some posts on AMD's site already) is we'll start seeing pricing increases up to/past $1k for the 3080 until availability gets a little better and then they will settle closer to $800, so when 20gb cards come out at $1k everyone feels like they're getting a great deal and 10gb cards will finally drop down closer to their MSRP. Just my ramblings though, they could all show up in stock tomorrow @ MSRP too, but I feel my story has a better chance of reality.

Bestbuy and nVidia stay at MSRP.

I just don’t understand why there’s not a preorder for the damn things and we’re forced to f5 against bots.

The one thing that boggles the mind is that if there is any company that is capable of targeting and stoping bots in their tracks is a company with 'amazing' AI technology... you can guess who I am thinking of.

double vram confirmed by gigabyte models
The redeem period for the Watch Dogs code ends November 30th, these cards would have to launch before then.

https://videocardz.com/newz/gigabyte-confirms-geforce-rtx-3060-8gb-rtx-3070-16gb-and-rtx-3080-20gb

GIGABYTE-GeForce-RTX-3080-20GB.png

Last edited:
With No pre-orders this time around, the problem with Bots was more evident that ever. Normal purchasers didn't have a chance.

they're saving the 3070 16GB and 3080 20GB for right before/after Big Navi launches...definitely going to piss of a lot of people who bought the 3080 10GB (and didn't know about the 20GB) especially coming so soon after the vanilla 3080 launch

Some people never learn. Nvidia is a hype machine. Stop drinking their Koolaid. I ignore all their glossy marketing and wait for real world results. I had absolutely no expectation there would be ample stock at launch. Call me conspiracy theorist, but they probably purposely kept supplies low to later increase the price.

they're saving the 3070 16GB and 3080 20GB for right before/after Big Navi launches...definitely going to piss of a lot of people who bought the 3080 10GB (and didn't know about the 20GB) especially coming so soon after the vanilla 3080 launch
Quite likely.
Thats one reason why I preordered rather than tried to purchase straight away, a lot of results will be in by the time my card becomes available.
Initially it said end Sept for my card, now it says end Oct.
Either way, enough time to decide whether to cancel.

Call me conspiracy theorist, but they probably purposely kept supplies low to later increase the price.

they can't afford to do that this time with Big Navi's release a few weeks away...keeping supplies low increases the chances people will just go with AMD (especially with a big game like Cyberpunk 2077 coming in November)

Hey guys. I ordered Eagle Rtx 3080 Gigabyte. Waiting 4 days to delivery and its on stock. Payment ( not before ) after getting card to delivery servicer. Is this good card? I posted card pic and there was something with cables near pcie connectors or something?

81567_gigabyte-rtx-3080-gaming-oc-alimentacion-pcb.jpg

Hey guys. I ordered Eagle Rtx 3080 Gigabyte. Waiting 4 days to delivery and its on stock. Payment ( not before ) after getting card to delivery servicer. Is this good card? I posted card pic and there was something with cables near pcie connectors or something?

View attachment 280401

That card will be fine.

We are only just getting rtx and dlss performance #s.
I don’t want to buy anything until I know what it is specifically I’m buying.

Hey guys. Decided to cancel order for Eagle Rtx 3080 Gigabyte which was plan to deliver after next monday. Will be buying Rtx 3090 . Currently have Aorus 2080 Ti Waterforce so i can wait.

Hey guys. Decided to cancel order for Eagle Rtx 3080 Gigabyte which was plan to deliver after next monday. Will be buying Rtx 3090 . Currently have Aorus 2080 Ti Waterforce so i can wait.
All you do is find ways to post nothing, constantly.

I also tried to get a card yesterday, but I also wasn't able to get one. I was looking for the Zotac 3080 Trinity, because I have a custom water cooled PC and I also wanted to get the EKWB cooler for the 3080 reference design. I was able to pre order the EKWB though.
Today i check for my order on the EK website and now the delivery date is in mid October, also the Zotac 3080 Trinity was removed from the compatibility list of the cooler. I checked the techpowerup database and found a pic of the PCB of the Zotac card, it is a slightly different PCB as the reference one.
There is basically only one card available in the USA which will support the EKWB cooler, which is a PNY.
It seems like even EKWB didn't know which cards will have which layout, also they were sent a plastic dummy of the 3080 from Nvidia to design the cooler LOL
On the EKWB website they said that they have to redesign the cooler now which will delay it and make it more expensive. I cancelled my pre-order for the cooler now.

Seriously, this whole launch is pretty messed up. I will rock my 1080ti for additional 8 weeks and then see how the market looks like, also I will wait now what AMD has to offer. Thank you Nvidia for making the decision making for me :D

Here in poland is availabality in shop , 1 card left. If you wanna i can give name and you order from PL.

I guess i will wait for another day after launch date of rtx 3090, sneak behind bots and order a real card.

While I imagine that Gigabyte 3090 Turbo will be louder than others, at least one positive thing going for it is length. It's just under 267mm long. That's great for those that may not have as much room to spare in their case. Even the RTX 3080 FE is 285mm long, with the RTX 3090 FE 313mm long.

"Turbo" referring to the noise level, clearly.
You're probably right. Even on the page they refer to it as a turbo fan. At 80mm in diameter, it's bigger than what Nvidia used on the Pascal series card, which were 65mm. So maybe it will be at least a little bit quieter if it doesn't have to spin up as much or maybe have a less annoying noise profile.

Last edited:
Back