RTX 3xxx performance speculation

Now right from coming soon to out of stock. Literally in an instant. lol, glad I was only trying for shits and giggles :D

The TUF is somehow just as quiet as the 2080 ti version which is impressive with all those watts. Not a fan of dumping 100% of the 350 watts inside the case though, I really like FE concept because of that.

Either way I lost the F5 lottery. Gonna wait for 3090 now (and lose again :D )

I don't understand how it sold out so fast on NV site. I was F5ing like from 1 minute before release to 2 minutes after and it went from "auto notify" to OOS.

I didn't even get the chance to add it to the cart

Same but I don't even see it as out of stock; just notify. Tried different browsers, refreshed cache and all.

Maybe its all a grand conspiracy to have people purposely miss out on the 3080s so they instead go screw it I still want a card and pony up for the 3090?

I wanted 3090 from the start but being that I will be water-cooling it and for the first time in a long time only buying one card I want a 3x8 pin design for max power. Not holding my breath that I'll be snagging one in the first day though...

Goddamn scalpers with their fancy scripts/bots. I had every retailer open at launch, and could not even check out before they vanished.

Whelp, screw it. After F5-ing across 10 sites/retailers, I was able to snag an Asus TUF OC from Ebuyer (bonus on double Amex points and topcashback). That was literally the longest payment process hang I've ever seen.

Goddamn scalpers with their fancy scripts/bots. I had every retailer open at launch, and could not even check out before they vanished.

I carted and was almost done checking out on Bestbuy but couldnt finish. Didn't even see amazon go in stock and Newegg was in stock for like a few seconds.

My best friend from Germany was able to get a Gigabyte Eagle OC 3080
Seriously... In the USA we have like 3 stores and all stores are down. Shit show!

I tried F5'ing both Best Buy and Nvidias site like crazy and never even saw the button change to "Add to Cart". Oh well, I'll stop by my local Best Buy later just for the heck of it but I highly doubt any will be in store.

My best friend from Germany was able to get a Gigabyte Eagle OC 3080
Seriously... In the USA we have like 3 stores and all stores are down. Shit show!

From going through 3-4 product launches now after moving to the UK, it seems quite a bit easier actually getting a card on launch day in UK/EU. That said, we pay more...

This one was the worst I've seen. Every single online retailers' site seemed to be struggling.

Yeah, no chance to get the Zotac card. Went from Auto notify to page down to out of stock.
I guess 2021... Time to see what AMD has to offer...

Yet another paper launch. A shame this has become normal with a lot of electronics sales.

No reviews on MSI Ventus? That's the one I got I think.
Actually, Ventus looks great. Even better than Gaming X Trio which I was gunning for.

You cant even pre-order on Ebuyer.
Click the pre-order button and it either returns me to the exact same page or gives a server or gateway error after a few minutes.

Overclockers gives "This site can’t be reached"
lol.

CCL can get f*cked with those prices!

Last edited:
I will check over the next couple of days, if I can't get one I'll wait for AMD. I hope they will release a card with HBM2

A4ZRL1600357888.jpg

You cant even pre-order on Ebuyer.
Click the pre-order button and it either returns me to the exact same page or gives a server or gateway error after a few minutes.

Overclockers gives "This site can’t be reached"
lol.

CCL can get f*cked with those prices!

Snagged an Asus TUF from Ebuyer, and an Eagle OC from Scan (both for actual launch price!) -- must have been lucky. I was pre-logged into my b-account when I added to my basket - not sure if that helped.

OCUK was the only one who had my preferred model (EVGA), but I didn't even bother after trying to get to my cart -- they were hit.

FYI it looks like AIBs are using "introductory prices" until mid October. after that prices will go up ~$100.

Sweclockers mentioned it in their ASUS review.

I don't care what company you're a fanboy of (I'm of both for different uses)... this was rushed to get out before AMD knowing they had shit for stock. Samsung's special 10nm for NVIDIA is going to be an issue for quite a while IMO.

Oh, and I'm sick of people crying about driver issues with AMD and not NVIDIA. You're lying to yourself and others about not having issues with NVIDIA drivers. You tolerate the issues more on NVIDIA than AMD.

Ah, just icing on the cake :D Remember all those stellar reviews based on a $700 product? lol.

This is a bit like a game publisher releasing a game without microtransactions to get better reviews, then adding them in after the dust has settled. Reviewers should take it upon themselves to revisit their articles/videos to add a later disclaimer, but I doubt they'll be doing that (and the AIBs know it).

For what’s it worth, I stopped by my Best Buy and to no one’s surprise they didn’t have any 3080s nor did they know if they’d be getting any anytime soon.

Snagged an Asus TUF from Ebuyer, and an Eagle OC from Scan (both for actual launch price!) -- must have been lucky. I was pre-logged into my b-account when I added to my basket - not sure if that helped.

OCUK was the only one who had my preferred model (EVGA), but I didn't even bother after trying to get to my cart -- they were hit.
Unfortunately I didnt get home until 3:30pm and by then everything was fkd.
Can you try and preorder a card on ebuyer pls?
I only want to know what happens when you press the preorder button, no need to be logged in.
With me it returns to the same page and does nothing.

In case I have a browser problem and constantly has the banner telling me to set up cookie preferences.
Tried 2 browsers.

Back