• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

RTX 2080 meets Dry Ice der8auer

Dayaks

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Feb 22, 2012
Messages
10,312
This is perfect. Looks like shunt mod doesn't make sense to do in traditional gaming at least. Now I just need him to do this with a 2080ti. Also not sure RTX features will make the cards more power limited since a decent portion of the die isn't being used right now.

Stock: 66.74 fps
Max manual OC no mods: 74.77 fps (+12%)
With shunt mod: 75.11 (+12.5%)

DICE: 80.68 (+20.9%)



From the Video:

Untitled.png
 
Last edited:
They are pretty much pushed to the limit, especially when a shunt mod gains you next to nothing.
 
They are pretty much pushed to the limit, especially when a shunt mod gains you next to nothing.

It’s a good thing that a shunt mod gains you nothing.

What is to be determined is how much power is used when RTX features are on. Slap DLSS ontop of that test does it use a lot more where shunt modding is worth it?

I care because it is something I could do if it is advantageous. But I am not voiding my warranty for 0.5%...
 
Last edited:
Depends, are the ASIC's really fking fast? who knows, the cards are already over their TDP, I have a feeling the RTX asic won't consume much power.
 
Back
Top