RSX-4 or RSX-5

Circuitbreaker8

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jul 22, 2004
Messages
5,078
Trying to decide which ones I want to buy....I'm planning on replacing the speakers my Klipsch Ultra 5.1's came with ( front L/R ) since I mainly listen to music in 2.1 mode. I've seen people replace the speakers....which ones do you think would be better? Also, is there any difference between the black/silver or the black/gold ones?
 
The RSX-5 are better. There is no difference between the 2 color patterns... I like the gold and black better though, it looks more "klipsch".
 
the question is Do you need the small size of the sats? Why Klipsch? Have you heard them?

If you are thinking buying those from the same brand will match with the rest of the other sats sound then you are wrong, the RSX series are hands down better sounding than the other sats from the orignal... Anyways, I think those sats are over priced anyways...

try this, http://www.av123.com/products_product.php?section=speakers&product=82.1

when they come back in stock next month, supposely the BEST sounding new speakers you can get for 200 bucks.

But if you can't wait, then getting some Athena's B1.2 for about 130 shipped for a pair would be great.

Or wait till outpost or fry's has some Polk R15's bookshelves for 40 bucks plus shipping a pair...

All these would be hands down better than the stock speakers that you have. And they should all work since they are 8 ohm impendence.

ALSOALSOALSO..... you can get Infinity Primus 150 for 68 shipped a PAIR, this way you can replace all the sats if ya want :)
 
hm those infinitys are really tempting....esp since i can replace all four speakers for about the same price lol

what about a center channel?
 
well, the center is basically a Primus 150 with two woofers instead of one..... It is the umm C25 I think..... which cost a WHOPPING 150 bucks average, while a PAIR of 150 cost 68 shipped.....




My advice is, buy an extra pair of primus 150, use one of them as a center and the other sell it. There won't be much of a difference at all. The center might sound a bit better, but not 100 bucks better.

sorry forgot to link the place to get them.

electronics-expo.com
 
I would match the speakers - go for klipsch.

The RSX5 isnt exactly small, the woofer is 5.25" - just as big as the woofer on a normal bookshelf, be it an Infinity Primus 150 or a Polk LSi7.

I just dont like to mix and match if you are using the Klipsch Ultra as your foundation.
 
Well let's get back to the original topic, he wanted 2.1 stereo music so matching does not matter :) And the rsx are much overpriced for what they are. You don't see them showing up as being bang for the buck anywhere, only for people who needs something that is not a normal sized bookshelve. So why limit himself to that? If he is gonna pay 300+ for those sats, he can be sure to get some much better sounding bookshelves at that pricerange, sacraficing size for quality, which I think he is willing to do.
 
aZn_plyR said:
the question is Do you need the small size of the sats? Why Klipsch? Have you heard them?

If you are thinking buying those from the same brand will match with the rest of the other sats sound then you are wrong, the RSX series are hands down better sounding than the other sats from the orignal... Anyways, I think those sats are over priced anyways...

try this, http://www.av123.com/products_product.php?section=speakers&product=82.1

when they come back in stock next month, supposely the BEST sounding new speakers you can get for 200 bucks.

But if you can't wait, then getting some Athena's B1.2 for about 130 shipped for a pair would be great.

Or wait till outpost or fry's has some Polk R15's bookshelves for 40 bucks plus shipping a pair...

All these would be hands down better than the stock speakers that you have. And they should all work since they are 8 ohm impendence.

ALSOALSOALSO..... you can get Infinity Primus 150 for 68 shipped a PAIR, this way you can replace all the sats if ya want :)

The Primus speakers are pretty solid. I have the Infinity Modulus system set up to my computer (it's the higher end model of their small sat/sub line) and the quality is incredible, hard to go wrong with Infinity speakers in general.
 
aZn_plyR said:
Well let's get back to the original topic, he wanted 2.1 stereo music so matching does not matter :) And the rsx are much overpriced for what they are. You don't see them showing up as being bang for the buck anywhere, only for people who needs something that is not a normal sized bookshelve. So why limit himself to that? If he is gonna pay 300+ for those sats, he can be sure to get some much better sounding bookshelves at that pricerange, sacraficing size for quality, which I think he is willing to do.

Yeah, size doesn't really matter. I think i'm going to go w/ 3 pairs of the Infinity Primus 150s and keep one as a spare lol....
 
Went with the Infinity Primus 150's for the surrounds....Donno what i'm gonna do about the center yet. I'll probably get the center, sub and A/V reciever later this summer?
 
Back
Top