Routing Issue

Hi I am sure some one here will be able to help me, I am trying to figure this out, but I think it maybe because I am idiot. However, I have two routers a DGL-4300 and a Linksys WRT with DD-WRT running on it.

I had the routers working in wds link, however, I got a 360 and decided I don't to use wireless on it. So with some clever cabling, I was able to get a cat5 from the 360 to the basement where there dgl-4300 is. What I wanted to do is have both routers assign ips. I know, I am over complicating things but. What I wanted to do is have router A assign ips to everything connected to Router A, and router B assign ips everything connected to B, but have LAN A and B communicate with each other. I know I can turn that linksys WRT into a switch, however I would like to get this working. My DGL-4300 has an ip of 192.168.0.1 and the ddwrt router is 192.168.1.1. The setup is like this;

Modem -> WAN port of the DGL-4300
DGL-4300 -> WAN port of the DDWRT router

What should my routing table look like, what should I set my connection type be set on the DDWRT router??

Any help would be appreciated.

plug the wan port of the linksys into a switch port on the dlink. Give the wan port on the linksys a static IP on the 192.168.1.0/24 network or set to DHCP. That should get the RIP working..

Back