RouterOS + AP

HallaDuke

Limp Gawd
I have a simple problem that I cannot solve, so I turn to you guys. Your troubleshooting advice will be glorified for eternity.

What I would like to accomplish: Properly configure a RADIUS server to work with my AP.

Here is the tutorial I followed to configure RouterOS. My topology closely resembles the one in the picture, but I am also using a WRT54G/DD-WRTv24 AP in between the wireless clients and the RouterOS box.

The Problem: When one wireless clients authenticates, they all do. The UserManager gets the same IP address for all wireless clients connecting to the AP,(WRT54G) which is the AP's WAN IP.

If this isn't enough info I can add more.

I may be wrong as I have no experience with RADIUS, however, it sounds like maybe you're connecting the wrt54g by the wan port, when you should be connecting it via a lan port. Considering you're only using it as an AP, your WAN port shouldnt have an IP, or at least not one thats used in this scenario.

aaronearles,
thanks for your help. I really tried my hardest trying to figure this one out. I'm going to give it a try and I will do a dance if it works! I know/knew it is/was going to be a beginners mistake.

Back