Router Randomly Resetting Settings?

Alright, I'm running a WRT54G router using the DD-WRT v23 SP2 (09/15/06) micro firmware that I installed a few days ago. This evening after I woke up, I was unable to connect over the wireless, so I jacked into the router and noticed that everything had been reset to default factory settings as far as I knew. There was a password set already.

Is it really possible for a router to randomly default settings or is it more likely that there is a human aspect of this issue? I live with three roommates and I know its very possible one of them knows how to use them.

Actually, now that I think about it, if the router had defaulted settings, they wouldnt have been able to connect.

Create your own password, that know one knows. :p OR this could be a issue with defect fireware, I had dlink router before, and it used to keep reseting the time to the defaults. I hate GUI routers, I use cisco 875 broadband router much better with command line interface.

The issue is a password doesn't mean much when you could just reset the router using the button on the back of it.

Back