Router Questions

AceCurby32

n00b
Hey all.

I'm moving from a 900 sq ft apt to a 1600 sq ft home and am probably in need of a router upgrade. I'm currently using a ASUS RT-N66R from a few years back. We have (What I fell) is a lot of devices - hardwired are the XBox One, PS4, HTPC, and our TV itself; wirelessly, we have two phones, my gaming PC, two laptops, two tablets, and a ROKU 3.

The new place is also out of good cell coverage, so we'll be adding a Verizon Network Extender to that list.

So, with all that in mind, here are my questions: Should I upgrade to a "beefier" router, such as the ASUS RT-AC87U or the RT-AC3200? I'll have a choice as to what I should hardwire - either my consoles/HTPC or my gaming PC. Which routers would you recommend? I only listed ASUS ones because I've had really good luck with those.

Thanks [H]'ers.

-Ace

No real need to upgrade for the wired devices. If any of your wireless devices can take advantage of the add features then maybe upgrade otherwise you would not see much difference between the '66 & the '87. I don't have any personal experience with the RT-AC3200.

Back