Router Problem with 1 computer.

Supadude

n00b
Hey, I set up a router to split my cable connection to 4 computers. It was working fine for about a week, but now the router connection connects and disconnects intermittently about every 10 seconds. I tried a bunch of stuff to fix it, reseting the router, cable connection etc. I eventually figured out that only when a certain computer on my network is plugged in that it experiences this problem. Every other computer works fine otherwise. Im using a Linksys Broadband Firewall router because I thought they were the best, but I cant figure out what this problem is caused by.

Thanks for you help.

First thing I'd do is switch a NIC from a good computer to the sucky one, and then see if the sucky one works (which I think it will). Then replace the bad NIC. If you can isolate it to one computer, the router isn't to blame.

I was working on a network that had that exact problem, and a new NIC in the bad computer was the solution in that case. Just out of curiosity, is the computer in question a dell?

Ok I stuck another NIC into the computer and it didnt help the problem. It has an integrated NIC in the motherboard which is brand new, so that cant be the problem. Any other advice?

Back