Router/Loading issues

xOKxTrunks

Gawd
Well, since I've bought the Netgear WPN824v2 and have been using it, I have been having troubles loading pages. Sometimes tables will be messed up, sometimes images will be broke, sometimes it will just display the source. Just to further note this only happens with the router, not with just a direct connection. I figured this would be the most appropriate section to post my problem in.

Possible solutions/help?

Does the router IP conflict with something else on your network?

I feel for you. I had this issue recently with my DLink DGS-1216T Smartswitch.

Everything worked fine, but when I brought up the switches internal management page, it took 5 minutes to load and every click resulted in another 1-2 minute wait while the page loaded.

I bounced this against the best I knew in networking, and sadly no one was able to figure this out.

I finally bit the bullet and re-imaged the machine and the issue went away...

Before you do that, if you don't have it already, download and install MS's VirtualPC 2007 and install a basic WinXP or whatever OS on it. Just enough to get it able to load web pages. Then try to access the router. If access is ok, then you know it's in your OS somewhere.

I've used this trick to isolate a TON of system issues when it was not clear where the issue lay.

Back