Router link speed goes down as download speeds increase.

Quantum

Limp Gawd
EDIT 2:
Disregard that... There seems to be something that's causing interference. Probably from one of my neighbors.

EDIT:

It seems I've solved the problem by enabling "20/40 Coexistance" under the wifi card's options menu.

So since this past weekend I've been having this weird problem with both my routers. As I start to upload and/or download something and the upload/download picks up speed, the link speed to the router drops from 300mbps down to as low as 11mbps and this of course brings down the download speed. When the download sits there at these lower speeds for a couple of minutes the router link speed then returns to 300mpbs and the upload/download again picks up speed just to begin a new cycle. If there's no active upload/download the link speed stays between 270-300 mbps.

Nothing in the routers immediate surrounding has changed since I moved in. I've tried placing the router in the middle of the room away from all electronics. I've tried changing channels. I've tried a D-Link DIR-615 rev.H2 on the latest (02-04-2014-r23503) and a couple of other DD-WRT beta firmware, and a Netgear WNR3500L v2 on both stock firmware and Tomato Firmware (http://tomato.groov.pl/?page_id=78) but all result in the same scenario. I've also tried both routers on 2 different computers. This is all over wifi btw, cable works fine.

Any ideas as to what could cause this behavior?

Last edited:
Back