Router IP question...???

Wytchocolate

Weaksauce
I Have a Netgear wireless router and I have two computers hooked up to it wired. I tried to play counter-strike in the same server with both but CS won't let the second computer connect. Im guessing because it wont let the same IP connect twice to the same server. Is there any way I can get past this w/o using a seperate IP's. If I use a different IP Comcast will charge $5 or something a month, which is the reason we bought the router in the first place. Thanks for any help :)

Odd, maybe they changed something in the CS code (havent played in a year or two) but back when I did, 3-5 of us from my house would all play on the same server. 1 ip over a cable modem link.

Ya, I had dsl awhile back running through a router and we used to play CS all the time with multiple computers, but now it seems they changed something, hm maybe ill just have to go to some CS forums... Damn, too lazy! haha, oh well ill do it anyways. If anyone still knows how to get past this let me know, thanks :)

I had the exact same problem with you.

I have a Netgear MR14v2 (i think thats the one) Wireless Router and I had some friends over and it wouldn't let us play CS in the same server. However, with other games we could play in the same server. I couldn't figure out the problem, but people on the CS forums did report having a similar problem.

The only thing that worked was to try my old router and that fixed it. Thus, it seems to be something specific with netgear routers and CS.

That sucks! Wonder if it has anything to do with the wireless options, maybe if I disable it wirelessly Itll work? hm, worth a try I guess. Anyone with a solution or help please speak up :D

I just updated the firmware and checked around a bit on CS forums and still no info. And still wont let the second computer connect. Better not be this way for CS Source!

I'd say its something in your Router configurations because Counter-Strike does allow multiple users from the same IP addresses to connect to any CS server. Both D-Link & Linksys routers (non-wireless) have worked for me with no problems. Haven't had much experience with Netgear unfortunately, or I'd offer some more specific help. No one on the CS forums has any solutions to this? Is it a Netgear router thing or what? Someones gotta know :) Good luck

Back