Router/Connectivity problems

TerryG

Limp Gawd
Let me say that this is my first venture into any type of networking, so please bear with me...

Anyway, I bought a router, brought it home, and I can't get it to work. I tried both the install disc that came with it and setting it up following the manual installation directions that were included. After playing around, I remembered that I had been getting an error in my system tray that tells me "Limited or no connectivity". I dig a little deeper, and find out that I'm getting the error because the "network did not assign a network address to the computer." I looked on google, but the only suggestion I could find was to uncheck the "Notify me when this connection has limited or no connectivity" box in the network connection properties. Seems to me that it won't fix the problem, just hide it.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm pretty close to reinstalling and trying on a fresh install.

This is the router I bought. It's nothing amazing, but it's better than the one I had before (none). I'm using the onboard lan on a NF7-S.

Thanks

what OS are you running on? if XP have you run the network setup wizard?

are you connected to the router?? try typing 192.168.0.1 into IE and see if you can connected which will probably ask you for username and password and usually its set to admin and password but check your manual. Go into command prompt by clicking on start then select run and type cmd. When it loads type ipconfig and see if you have an IP. Check all connections and even restarting your computer can help depending on the situation.

Back