Router connectivity problem

heatsinker

Supreme [H]ardness
Currently I have two Cisco 2500 routers stacked on top of each other connected via both Serial and AUIs using Ethernet (through a Catalyst switch) and I'm having trouble pinging either router using the Ethernet interfaces. I'm pretty sure the IP addresses and subnets are correct and they're definitely not shut down, so it's not that. Basically they have no connectivity between each other, except through the serial connection. Is there something I'm missing here?

Originally posted by heatsinker
Currently I have two Cisco 2500 routers stacked on top of each other connected via both Serial and AUIs using Ethernet (through a Catalyst switch) and I'm having trouble pinging either router using the Ethernet interfaces. I'm pretty sure the IP addresses and subnets are correct and they're definitely not shut down, so it's not that. Basically they have no connectivity between each other, except through the serial connection. Is there something I'm missing here?

I'm not trying to sound condescending, but rather trying the simplest solution first.. Are you using a crossover cable between the two ethernet interfaces, if you are patching them direcly together?

Actually the two routers are connected to the switch via the AUI by straight-through cables. The instructor said this was the way to do it?

that should work. i'm assumming it a lab setup. this way you can get to work on switch settings aswell, but i would try the crossover cable to eliminate the switch as a problem/the probelm.

Back