Router causing no Windows Updates?

Occidio

[H]ard|Gawd
I took windows updates for granted but I have been noticing a couple problems so that was an area I decided to try and noticed none of my computers are getting windows updates since August 2nd.
I have a windows phones also and it will not process an update through my local wireless. So I am thinking this is a router problem. I do not have any other problems with my internet access though.
I have a Linksys E2000 coming from my cable modem. I also have a Netgear switch that all the machines run though so I have full 1gig internally.

What protocol would close off Windows Updates that the router would be closing off?
Machines are both Windows 7 Prof 64bit.
I am running Firmware Version: 1.0.03 until I hear further from here before upgrading the firmware to 1.0.04 to see if it is a problem or a setting.

Can you manually run windows updates or do you get an error?

I get an error. I get the same error on each machine. It told me to run a FIXIT program from the MS site but it does not fix it.
Code 8024402F
Going to reset my router to defaults then redo the config to see if this fixes it.

*edit- Looks like I found it on this page. http://answers.microsoft.com
Apparently by doing some extra security on my router, Disabling Active X through the router was causing Windows Updates to not initiate.

Last edited:
Back