Router advice for bonded T1s

ToddW2

2[H]4U
Looking to get 2 t1's bonded, and am curious what is the best/affordable router I should go with :confused: or some type of router box setup ?

I`m not against used, and see I can get some older Cisco units on ebay for $200-$400.

Can this be assumed that the ISP will be bonding the t1s?

A 2621xm with a wic-t1 might be what your looking for. Probably this setup could be had around 200 to 250ish.

Also check with your isp. They might actually provide you with some sort of device that allows you to dump your t1 into a firewall. We have 8 bonded t1s at work and our ISP brought in their own device to bond them and in turn that gave us one ethernet line directly into our firewall. Just something to consider

Nope, I need to provide my own router with dual WICs that can combine them internally.
If they provide my monthly cost goes up :(

I think I found a guide to bond t1's yourself on a cisco router.. Don't remember if it was a Cisco guide or someone elses guide, but it's out there.. 2 wic-t1's will do the trick

I think I found a guide to bond t1's yourself on a cisco router.. Don't remember if it was a Cisco guide or someone elses guide, but it's out there.. 2 wic-t1's will do the trick

yeah, I've seen 2xwic-t1 in cisco routers on ebay for 200-300 used.

Not sure which is better, or why...

Looking for info :D

Just set it up as a PPP Multilink, there are many configuration guides out there.

There is actually a thread here in the Networking section that has cisco configs in it. I posted our Multilink config in there. Maybe it can help you out.

Back