• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Rounding Erros with Prime

Heligrin

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 4, 2005
Messages
319
I am overclocking my procc a 3700+ Sandy and i am at 230FSB with a 11 multiplyer and a HT multi of 4. Temps are not a problem as i idle at 26 and load is 40 under the max heat/consumption prime 95 test.

I get a Fatal Error rounding was .05, expected less than .4.

What does this mean?

My ram is set at timing is 2.5-3-3-8

My ram is XMS 4000pro 500mhz so i dont know why it would be my ram. :confused:
 
Im wondering if i need to up my volts some. I am at stock volts at 2.5ghz. My vcore on cpuz ~1.376
 
I had the same problem...bumped my CAS up to the same as the 2nd & 3rd (tras?) and it cleared up.

Also, you should check to make sure your PSU is enough for your system...too little power can affect your prime and cause errors. Use a proggy that monitors your 12V rails and cpu voltage and watch it dip when you run prime. If it dips too much, get a new/bigger PSU.
 
Sounds like the cpu is starved and failing, bump up the voltage and I bet itll go away.
 
wee96 said:
Sounds like the cpu is starved and failing, bump up the voltage and I bet itll go away.

Agreed. But make sure you only oc the cpu and use a divider on the RAM until you know what the proc could do. Otherwise you will not isolate your problem.
 
My ram can run at 500mhz, so i have no need to put a divider in place. I am wondering if it could be my memory. It is supposed to run at 3-3-3-8, but i mad eit run at 2.5, i am going to switch it back to 3 and see what happens.

When i bumped my volts up to 1.4 from 1.37, it still failed.
 
Heligrin said:
My ram can run at 500mhz, so i have no need to put a divider in place. I am wondering if it could be my memory. It is supposed to run at 3-3-3-8, but i mad eit run at 2.5, i am going to switch it back to 3 and see what happens.

When i bumped my volts up to 1.4 from 1.37, it still failed.

You are probably right about your RAM, but I will say that RAM timings/voltage/mhz is the most sensitive part of ocing for sure. Best to use a divider just to take it out of the equation all together to see what your proc can do. As far as the voltage, I'd keep going. I test in increments of .05. You said you have a Sandy, my chip is almost the same as yours and I'm using 1.488v to get where I'm at. As long as your temps stay reasonable, you can keep testing voltage increases.
 
AMD 64 OpterOWN 146 @2.7, 1.488v CABNE stepping
DFI N4 Ultra-D 623 bios rev
OCZ Plat Rev 2 3200 2x512mb (2.8v: 225mhz: 2-3-3-8 1T)
7800gtx(495core/1.3ghz mem)
 
Back
Top