Rounded verticle edges? Screen becoming too wide?

aliensRreal

Limp Gawd
I went over to an older woman's house and she had a few problems that I had never seen before.

One was that the vertical edges of her monitor were curved. I looked in the monitor settings but it didn't really much. The monitor was ancient and only had options for positioning (that I found at least.) Also all the controls were on the monitor itself, when messing with the settings nothing popped on screen like many monitors.

The second problem she had was that sometimes the screen widens when she goes to her email website (I believe that's what she told me.) Almost like the resolution changed from a standard monitor to a widescreen one.

Does anyone know how to fix either of these problems? Would reinstalling the video drivers work? I would have done that while at her house, but she has dial up and the download was very large.

EDIT:
I'm sorry I forgot to mention that the monitor started working fine (well the edges anyway, we didn't get on the internet for the resolution change) after a different computer was hooked up.

Back