• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Rotating speaker position?

Breath_of_the_Dying

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 8, 2007
Messages
1,454
I was wondering if there was a way to rotate which audio channel goes to which speaker in Windows 7.

The issue is my computer is on the north side of my room while my TV is on the west side. I'd like to have my 7.1 setup aligned for my TV so I can easily plug in my PS3 and watch movies with the correct positioning, and then on my computer have a relatively close positioning when I play games.

For example, the back right speaker when I'm using my TV, I'd like to use as my Front Right when I'm on my computer, and my Side right on TV would be my Center Speaker. I know it'd be a little off because I'd have not Side Right and but I'd have a "back center", but it would be close enough for me.

Worst case scenario I guess I can just unplug all the speakers and plug them in in their relative location, but I'd like for it to not come to that.

Here's what I'm using
Sound Card-Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE
Speakers-Creative Inspire P7800
OS- Win7 Pro 64bit
 
really neat idea, should be incredibly simple, but not with your Audigy SE's drivers

if you've got onboard Realtek audio you can re-assign individual stereo pairs as you want, not sure if this will do exactly what you need, but it will get close, pretty sure C-Media's drivers still have a feature like this as well, so bgears, HT Omega, and likely Asus are your friends
 
Back
Top