Rotate soundstage?

Bling

Gawd
I have a large flat tv mounted in the center of one wall and due to the layout my computer is place in the center of the wall opposite from it. The receiver is located next to the tv and the room is wired for 6.1 with the speakers mounted at an angle towards the center of the room.

I had previously been using my receiver for computer audio (toslink), but since I can't run a toslink wire across my room I need to seek other options. I do have a nice asus rt-ac68 router and a companion AC1900 PCI-E Adapter.I also have a gigabit hardwired Apple TV connected to the receiver. I believe I remember seeing airplay speaker software options somewhere. Viable?

The next problem is that I would need to flip the surround channels and use the back channel as a center. Does anyone know if/how I can do that?

Is there a physical reason you cannot run a TOSLINK cable? Optical can run very far without reduction in quality.

I have one of these $9 optical cables from Monoprice for troubleshooting and it has worked for me no problem.

50 feet can be ran AROUND the room along the carpet or baseboard.

I don't know if there is an official product you can use for the speaker switching, but you could make something yourself with some switches or even a speaker switch box (but you would need several commercial switches and it could get bulky and expensive) .

Something like this, dual pole dual throw (DPDT) switch.

dpdt.l.jpg

Basically the idea would be to wire from the amplifier to the switch and then wires goes off to each speaker. Then you flip all the switches and your speakers all get reconfigured to what you want. Be sure to turn the receiver off when doing this.

speaker_switch.gif

Back