aphexii

Weaksauce
Hey all,

Looking for a new case for my ITX rig, specs are as follows;

i5 3570k
Gigabyte H77N-Wifi Mobo
MSI GTX 760 ITX
16gb RAM
Coolermaster TX3 HSF (though i may go for something larger if the new case can fit it)
PC Power & Cooling 400w Modular PS
Two SSD, One 3.5" HD

I would prefer for the PC to be on the left side of my desk, so if there is a window I would like it to be on the right side (the Q33 seems to have a model with windows on both sides, which is fine). Noise is a concern as I use open headphones, so i want the system to be pretty quiet most of the time (understandable if things need to ramp up during gaming though). I picked up the Thermaltake Core V1 and while its a great case, I didn't think ahead about having all sides perforated which doesn't bode well for sound reduction - just don't think it fits my needs.

Thoughts on the Rosewill U2 ($75-85) or Q33 ($90-$110)? Anything else i should consider?

Edit: I was also looking at the Rosewill W1 as it had a right sided window, but it seems a little big for sitting on top of my desk.

Last edited:
I had the U2 case and the GPU gets far too hot.
Right now i'm using the Q33 and it's pretty much silent.
Looking at the SG13 case right now, but it's not out yet.

I had the U2 case and the GPU gets far too hot.
Right now i'm using the Q33 and it's pretty much silent.
Looking at the SG13 case right now, but it's not out yet.

Thanks, appreciate the quick reply! Temps ok in the Q33?

You can add to your list the Raijintek Metis case, which I've been very impressed with. Better ventilation than the Jonsbo U2, but you'll need a SFX PSU to make it all fit.

You can add to your list the Raijintek Metis case, which I've been very impressed with. Better ventilation than the Jonsbo U2, but you'll need a SFX PSU to make it all fit.

I checked out out - looks pretty nice and was able to find it for only $30 new. Does it have room for both 2 SSD's and 1 HDD at the same time?

Metis should fit all that with ATX PSU, why would he need SFX?

I don't like the Raijintek case for the reason it doesn't have ventilation holes for the GPU.
Were they trying to prevent dust from coming in? You would have to stick with a blower type gpu if you were to go with this case.

The ATX just about fits and I think it limits GPU length. I could be mistaken, though. Also, don't go for the windowed version, it reduces the airflow a lot.

The ATX just about fits and I think it limits GPU length. I could be mistaken, though. Also, don't go for the windowed version, it reduces the airflow a lot.

Gotcha, does the windowed version have any intakes?

I don't like the Raijintek case for the reason it doesn't have ventilation holes for the GPU.
Were they trying to prevent dust from coming in? You would have to stick with a blower type gpu if you were to go with this case.

None of the variants of this case do?

I almost wonder if its gonna be too small for me, would the Q33 offer more airflow given the size?

Airflow in the Q33 is good if you use the 120mm casefan.
The gpu sits next to the perforated sidepanel so it can get fresh air directly.

I checked out out - looks pretty nice and was able to find it for only $30 new. Does it have room for both 2 SSD's and 1 HDD at the same time?
Yes, though the 3.5" drive is mounted right above the gfx, cutting down the air getting to it.

Gotcha, does the windowed version have any intakes?
Yes, on the rear of the motherboard. I got the windowed version so I could remove the window and use it as a vent if needed (much larger than the built-in ones)

With an ATX PSU you're limited to a graphics card 170mm long.

Well, he does have an ITX size GPU!
Everything will fit, but I can't say much about the temps.

Yea - i'm seeing some mixed reviews online, looks great but the temps are questionable from what i can see

I think it is safe to assume that the windowed version has abysmal temps for decent hardware as there are barely any intakes and the one that does exist is behind the motherboard. Barely an ideal solution.
But the "classic" version without a window has intakes on both sides and it shouldn't have as bad temps. The GPU will probably still recycle as there are no intakes on the top, but at least the CPU and PSU will get a decent amount of fresh air.

Back