• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra

Abraxas601

n00b
Joined
Nov 11, 2011
Messages
33
Just replaced my HAF X 942 with the Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra. Here's some photos,

Definitely a deeper case



Here's a couple photos of everything in the HAF and then the Blackhawk,

HAF X 942




Blackhawk Ultra



Notice the radiator for my H50 is completely concealed in the forward 5.25 bays on the HAF. Due to the Blackhawk being a lot deeper it just barely made it to the back edge of the bays.

Speaking of the 5.25 bays. There are 4 of them. The bottom three also have holes for a fan. So top bay for a DVD and bottom three for a fan if you don't have anything else to put there.

Here's a great little piece of hardware that I've never seen before.

So with the HAF X I had just about every fan I could put in it. This also meant a jumble of fan wires to manage. The Blackhawk comes with a pair of little boards that allow you to connect 5 fans through a single molex connector.





Finally, here's the side panel. It allows for a combination of fan configurations and sizes. You can have 9x120mm fans. All the circles are mount points with rubber grommets.



I would say this case overall is more function and less flash when compared to the HAF X 942. It's not as "cool" looking and you lose the nice acrylic window for showing off your spiffy parts.

LOTS of metal and no sharp edges. The only plastic is the fans and the corner trim. It comes with 8 fans and has additional fan mounting spots all over the case.

Someone really did put a lot of thought into this case. There's always room for improvement but coming from Rosewill, this is an incredible step up for them. I'm very happy with what I got for the price.
 
Last edited:
I believe this is pretty much the "same" case as the Xigmatek Elysium. It's a huge case that supports big systems (SR-2, 4P, etc)...

How much did you get it for ?
 
Nice case. My only problem with most PC cases are that they are too narrow and not wide enough.
 
Beautiful. The older I get the more I appreciate the details. Serious space!
 
I recall reading something similar not to long ago about this case already existing under a different name. I think the big shocker is how superior it is to previous Rosewill case offerings.

The width seems to be the same as the HAF X 942. I got it on Newegg for $219.99 + $19.99 shipping.

The HAF X 942 is a better deal at $189.99 ($179.99 w/rebate) and no shipping. With the HAF X though I did have to buy an additional 200mm fan to finish out the top set of fans where as the Blackhawk comes with them. There's also some additional fan related cabling for the HAF which is not necessary in the Blackhawk due to the fan boards they provide.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147157
 
Yes.. I believe all Rosewill (owned by NewEgg) does is , it contacts Case OEMS, and puts their logo on them...
 
Maybe it's my browser but those pictures come up very small I can't see anything of detail in them.
 
Maybe it's my browser but those pictures come up very small I can't see anything of detail in them.

They're thumbnails, you have to click them to enlarge the picture. ;)

On a side note, I wonder what a mini-ITX board would look like in one of these cases. :O
 
Hey Abraxas601, is there a switch for the LEDs? I'm thinking about getting this case and I'd hate to spend more replacing the fans if the LEDs aren't easy to disable.
 
I've posted this before, might as well do it again.

The Xigamatek Elysium, Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra, Enermax Fulmo GT, and the AeroCool Strike-X ST are all pretty much the same case sans a few changes to the drive bays (and the exterior plastic).
They all have the same overall dimensions, all have the same internal fan controller hubs and wiring holes, and they all have the external HD dock. If you look at the inside of any of these cases, you wouldn't be able to tell them apart, aside from the Xigamatek, which uses all 5.25" bays instead of a combination of 5.25 and 3.5.
 
Hey Abraxas601, is there a switch for the LEDs? I'm thinking about getting this case and I'd hate to spend more replacing the fans if the LEDs aren't easy to disable.

No switch that I'm aware of but I think one of the apparently many spins on this case may have one.
 
It will work with SR-2, right?

Yes, it will "eat" a SR-2 alive....

Courtesy of R-Type:
txe0B.jpg
 
Back
Top