Rosewill ATX Steel case $21 shipped @ Newegg

Great deal imho, and NO mail-in-rebates.

Kicks the crap out of that transformer case that shoots red lasers, Ventilation looks more than adequate, and it comes with a fan.

I'm holding you responsible if this wallet comes out of the pocket :p

This actually looks like a pretty good case. I might order this for my litte brother who is trying to pick out parts for a budget build.

Anyone know what size the intake fan is? I'm guessing 120mm but not sure - looks like the side vent can also hold a 120mm fan.

This actually looks like a pretty good case. I might order this for my litte brother who is trying to pick out parts for a budget build.

Anyone know what size the intake fan is? I'm guessing 120mm but not sure - looks like the side vent can also hold a 120mm fan.
The front fan slot looks fairly large, i'd be willing to bet it's 120mm.

Best part is you get to pick your own powersupply, instead of using the junk that normally comes standard.

If you look at the pic that shows the front fan slot, it's got 3 sets of holes, for 80/92/120 mm fans.

Kicks the crap out of that transformer case that shoots red lasers, Ventilation looks more than adequate, and it comes with a fan.

I'm holding you responsible if this wallet comes out of the pocket :p

hehe thx 4 the giggle :D

That transformer case is absolutely hideous.

The case doent look bad for the $. Never tried any of Rosewill's products, any good?

Thinking of picking one up to throw the 600w Ultra FAR into for the start of a sub $300 system.

The one in the OP looks decent and it doesn't seem like a stuffy case.

On another note, I got the rebate yesterday for the Coolermaster Centurion 5 Silver w/380W PSU ($24 after rebate including shipping). That PSU is working great on my overclocked E4300 system (3.1GHz) with a 7600GT.

The one in the OP looks decent and it doesn't seem like a stuffy case.

On another note, I got the rebate yesterday for the Coolermaster Centurion 5 Silver w/380W PSU ($24 after rebate including shipping). That PSU is working great on my overclocked E4300 system (3.1GHz) with a 7600GT.

:p . I have about 5 Cooler Master Rebates that I used for cases and power supplies. They all are great, and much nicer than the average level stuff.

i have 3 of the previous rosewill 20 dollar case, its the same exact case with a different front panel, its built very solid, and airflow is decent, the front fan intake has holes for any of the three size fans and the construction overall is solid. for 21 bucks its a steal

I picked one up basically to have a place for some spare parts to go. For the money, I don't expect a Lian-Li case...it what it is and the above poster is correct, the only difference in their lower end models is the face plate and the addition of power supplies no one would use. A good deal as long as you don't expect too much for your money :cool:

i wish they could have included a junk psu for a couple bucks more... then it would be an ideal beater.

Picking one up as a spare but would prefer a mini tower (matx with psu at top of case) for my next build. Anyone know of a currently cheap one (PM to keep the thread clean?)? This seems to be the only Rosewill on Newegg's site.

edit: Thats not beige ;)

No drive cage and rail system = no buy.

Last and only Rosewill case I had I ended up removing some flesh and offering a blood sacrifice while installing drives.

This isn't really case you'd buy for serious builds. A case to hold spare parts is probably the best reason to get it.

No drive cage and rail system = no buy.

Last and only Rosewill case I had I ended up removing some flesh and offering a blood sacrifice while installing drives.

You haven't built computers for a long time have you? ;) They all used to be like that... and they used to be horrible when it came to protective edges :eek:

I have had this case for a couple weeks now...It is VERY good....It has great ventilation. I also stuck a 120mm fan on that bottom side door and it's running cooler then most of my other machines that I had.

I had a Antec 900, before this. And probably would buy this over it...Just because of better price/performance.

The front fan slot looks fairly large, i'd be willing to bet it's 120mm.

Best part is you get to pick your own powersupply, instead of using the junk that normally comes standard.
The specs said 120mm but not supplied. I bought this case to use in Q3 when the Q6600 price drops go into effect. I also like to buy my own power supplies. I think this is a good folding case.

i wish they could have included a junk psu for a couple bucks more... then it would be an ideal beater.
I've seen too many ram sticks and hard drives get fried by cheap power supplies, sometimes right upon the first powerup.

Thus i personally view cheap power supplies as something that will actually cost me more money in the long run.

just my 2c

grrrrrr missed it, anyone have any coupons/ promo codes for newegg?

Mine came in today...a day early:eek: The front panel has an 'X' design with three sets of screwholes and will accept a 120 if you can get it through the lower cage elements. It's definitely not a LAN case, it what you would call your basic flimsy case, but worth $20 bucks or so :)

Back