Rosewill 9600LE work well for this?

Vegeta

Gawd
Hey all, I'm looking to get a nice mid range video card for a Athlon XP2000+ system that I have here with a Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro2 motherboard and 512 MB of ram. It is the first system I have ever had that will actually come close to playing newer games.. an I haev yet to purchse a video card for it. I am set on the 9600 series as they all seem to fit in my price range. My friend has a 9600NP that seems to perform very very well, even in games such as Farcry (which I want to play). While it will not do very very good at the highest settings, it doess very well with even just a few setting turned down. And the game still looks near perfect. So I was wondering if there would be a big difference in the 9600NP (128 bit 128MB) and the Rosewill 9600LE (128 bit, 256MB) cards, as they have the same clock speed. Would more on-card memory boost performance? Or would getting a 9600Pro card with the higher clockspeed (but less memory than the LE) be better. The seem to be about 30-35$ more. I am tight on cash so thats why I'm asking.

I am by far not a hardcore gamer, but would like to experience Farcry and Splinter Cell, not nessecarilly at top-level detail.

And as seeing my friend's 4x AGP XP1700+ system with 512MB of ram runs farcry on his 9600NP card as good as it does, I'm sure my 2000+ with Nforce2 and 512MB of ram will run it as well.

Thanks.

Back