• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Rosewill 9600LE work well for this?

Vegeta

Gawd
Joined
May 12, 2002
Messages
595
Hey all, I'm looking to get a nice mid range video card for a Athlon XP2000+ system that I have here with a Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro2 motherboard and 512 MB of ram. It is the first system I have ever had that will actually come close to playing newer games.. an I haev yet to purchse a video card for it. I am set on the 9600 series as they all seem to fit in my price range. My friend has a 9600NP that seems to perform very very well, even in games such as Farcry (which I want to play). While it will not do very very good at the highest settings, it doess very well with even just a few setting turned down. And the game still looks near perfect. So I was wondering if there would be a big difference in the 9600NP (128 bit 128MB) and the Rosewill 9600LE (128 bit, 256MB) cards, as they have the same clock speed. Would more on-card memory boost performance? Or would getting a 9600Pro card with the higher clockspeed (but less memory than the LE) be better. The seem to be about 30-35$ more. I am tight on cash so thats why I'm asking.

I am by far not a hardcore gamer, but would like to experience Farcry and Splinter Cell, not nessecarilly at top-level detail.

And as seeing my friend's 4x AGP XP1700+ system with 512MB of ram runs farcry on his 9600NP card as good as it does, I'm sure my 2000+ with Nforce2 and 512MB of ram will run it as well.

Thanks.
 
Back
Top