• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Rosewill 550W, any good

im looking into a rosewill also but i think that one is better than the one i was thinking of getting and cheaper too.
 
MTBF: 100k hours at max. load, normal line and 25°C
Approvals: CSA, CB, TUV, FCC, UL

35A on the +12 not bad.

Hate its rated at 25C only time a power supply runs at 25c is when its turned off , But at least they published the info and at that price it seems a good deal. Good approvals too, TUV is tough approval to get (compared to most, UL just means it might not burn your house down).

at that price and those specs I like it too.
 
I'm not sure about the 1 fan solution and the air flow but, the rest of the specs look alright. I've got to wonder how and at what temperature they get the 550w rating. For $55.00 I would probably give it a shot if I was building a budget system.
 
I was actually looking at these for a TEC PSU...

35 amps should be enough...eheh
 
wwparrish said:
UL just means it might not burn your house down
Hehe :).

Anyway, I too have been looking at this PSU. It's manufactured by a company called ATNG and its basically the exact same power supply as the Coolmax 550W with the 14cm fan which is selling for over $20 more at newegg. I haven't yet read anything bad about ATNG, but I'm still keeping a lookout. The TT-550SS on Directron for $54.99 is also something else I'm looking at. It seems to come from a quality maker, but why is it so cheap! Suspicious :p.
 
Back
Top