• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Rosewill 450W handle 6950

Joined
May 2, 2003
Messages
36
i have radeon 4950 coming from the egg. Just wondering if my rosewill 450 handle this bad boy. I have 1 SSD, 1 DVD, 2 Hard drives.

Thank you,

Andy
 
All depends on who really built the thing. I personally wouldn't trust it, but there's a chance it's FSP built, in which case it should be okay. You OCing? If so, drop back to stock.
 
Which Rosewill? I have a feeling it's one of the Solytech-built models, in which case I certainly wouldn't trust it with that kind of hardware.
 
If it's anything like the Stallion series PSUs, it's made by Solytech (a/k/a Deer). These PSUs are really shitty: They can't handle anywhere near their labeled wattage ratings without exploding. In fact, that PSU will likely explode under the load of just the GPU alone without any other components.

In other words, I would not trust the Rosewill Stallion PSU for even an IGP, let alone an HD 6950.
 
Last edited:
Uhhh... in one sentence:

DON'T DO IT IF YOU DON'T WANT YOUR COMPUTER TO TURN INTO A NUKE.

Enough said.
 
I won't put a HD 6950 on a 450W... You'd better purchase a better one if you want to put HD 6950 in your system.
 
The 6950 pulls approximately 280w under full load, assuming your system is SUPER power efficient, and that rosewill psu is performing at 100% output(NO power supplies do) you would be ok. Personally I would advise against using ANYTHING below 600w for that setup, loading a psu 100% is a good thing to avoid.

I own a 6950 flashed to a 6970 bios. In my old setup (q9550 c2d system) with an antec 650w TP3, it was causing squealing under load and severe +12v drop(down to 11.2v). Upon purchasing my i7 setup I went with a HX-850 and have had zero issues, solid 12v rails, very low heat/noise.
 
Back
Top