Rosetta@Home needs more CPU Power!

SNYP40A1

Limp Gawd
I have been contributing to FAH and Rosetta for about 10 years now. I just wanted to note that Rosetta has been running a new experiment that has been showing some promising results:

http://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/forum_thread.php?id=4477

I have allocated all my resources to Rosetta as I think their science deserves a chance. I'd encourage others to look into their latest promising work.

yeah i was running rosetta for a long time til i decided id try out the F@H winSMP client with the A3 WU's a couple weeks ago.. i may go back to running rosetta again in a month or so..

Interesting project. It appears R@H is taking a different approach to treatment research from F@H. I believe there are a few [H] members who have tried it. What kind of hardware does this project support?

Interesting project. It appears R@H is taking a different approach to treatment research from F@H. I believe there are a few [H] members who have tried it. What kind of hardware does this project support?

just CPU... WU's are about 3 hours long for me on my 940 last time i ran it..

I think BOINC supports some GPU optimizations, but not sure if Rosetta takes advantage of that. They mention that their code changes often and it's a lot harder to change GPU code than CPU code.

I think BOINC supports some GPU optimizations, but not sure if Rosetta takes advantage of that. They mention that their code changes often and it's a lot harder to change GPU code than CPU code.

yup.. theres just some projects that are to complex to put on gpu's.. but theres also projects that just dont have the resources or the people to do gpu WU's.. hell milkyways@homes gpu support was found on accident.. some one from the MW@H community created an app that allowed the cpu WU to work on ATI cards..

Thanks for the link!
I'll throw it on my 4 core AMD tomorrow when I get home!

SNYP40A1 - What is your BOINC user name in the project? Are you on the [H]ard|OCP team? Are you currently contributing?

I might know a group of crunchers that might be interested. ;)

Back