Roomba + Dog Turd = Poopocalypse

HardOCP News

[H] News
I thought technology was supposed to make our lives easier, not crappier (and I mean that it me most literal of terms). This is a completely sad situation but you can't help but laugh at this amazing diagram showing the aftermath of the poopocalypse . :D

Funny story. Wouldn't be too bad in my house which is all hardwood floors but it would be catastrophic on carpet. The house would never be the same.

I would cry for him if I wasn't already pissing myself laughing.

Looks at My own Roomba, thinking... "That's never gonna happen here, cause we aint got no pets" but we got children so some day eventually our Roomba Will hit something iffy, but never turd

Story brought a smile to my face, not due to the fact poop happened, or I was thinking to himself how big was that dog poop to spread it that far and wide, but because I was excepting a lawsuit to be coming (thank you America, you have drove so low as to make me think that first and foremost!) but then no lawsuit and even a happy ending of the place he bought it from gave him a new one after he himself tossed it in the bathtub, but considering he probably overpaid for it I'd say it was well worth it.

That said, it goes on at 1:30am every morning? Aren't they at all loud?

Looks at My own Roomba, thinking... "That's never gonna happen here, cause we aint got no pets" but we got children so some day eventually our Roomba Will hit something iffy, but never turd

If your kids are really young, there's still a chance your Roomba will hit one :eek:

And he thinks this was just an accident?

More likely the computer in the Roomba was running a test and already uploaded the results to Skynet.

And this is why I won't ever own a vacuum roomba, at least until they're smart enough to spot dog shit, and pick up shit that gets left in the floor.

Been thinking about getting a couple Roombas for my joint. No pets or kids and the floor is scored concrete. So, unless I drop a deuce myself, I should be free of such a revoltin' (and pretty damn :LOL:) development.

Funny story. Wouldn't be too bad in my house which is all hardwood floors but it would be catastrophic on carpet. The house would never be the same.

It's a "rip up the carpet" time.

For people that have a Roomba, is it worth it? How exactly does it work? I want to get one, but I always have this image of the Roomba continuously hitting a wall.

See, that's why I have a cat. Their poop is so hard it doesn't smear.

Almost the same thing was about to happened to me with our LG robot and cat puke. Only my trip lasted "only" 5 minutes. Since then we check everywhere before turning the robot on. And don't start me on cables :(

Holy hell, I did this the other day with my regular vacuum. I didn't see my dog had shit on the black rug and I hit it and smeared it over half the dining room before I realized what had happened. Talk about a shitty job, try cleaning dog shit out of a $1200 vacuum and having to steam shit out of your carpets for an hour.

How can you not smell the dogshit before it gets vacuumed? I think that is the real problem.

Lol I have heard of this happening here in New Zealand too.. small dogs and rumbas don't mix.

N4CR relevant story time..

I have a friend who gets on some or most of my others mates nerves from time to time. Spoilt rich kid but a good guy once you get out of the surf lol, known each other since school days. We are always doing a bit of tit for tat taking the piss out of each other..
The last time this happened, I decided to step it up a notch.

He has some auto vacuum thing like a roomba (fancy samsung one). So when everyone was upstairs, I decided to play around with it... hoping I'd done what I thought would happen.

Cue one or two months later, I hadn't been around for a while - I'm accosted by this friend and accused of doing something to the vacuum cleaner... 'why no, what? Sorry? The vacuum thingy?!?' *confused look* (yes I'm by far the most likely to figure that shit out of my mates - so it was a tough one to pull off).

Anywho, what happened was my mate was sleeping downstairs with the door to the room ajar.
>>It's 4am.
The vacuum thingy turns on as I'd programmed it to, comes into the room where my mate has left his ipod earbuds on the floor...

It eventually runs them over, where they are promptly wrapped around the axle/cleaning unit and makes the loudest, scariest fucking breaking mechanical/failing engine/machine gun style sound you can imagine. Mate wakes up absolutely shitting his pants wondering what the fuck is going on (aliens/break in/nightmare/war/wtf!?).

He's been very nice since then. ^___^

Same thing happened to my parents sort of. Roomba ran over a fresh pile of cat puke and spread it all over their hard wood floors. It ruined the Roomba as well. Burnt it up or something lol.

I feel really fucking bad for him and his family, but good gawd did I laugh my ass off.

And we know for CERTAIN this isn't what happened??

pVcEKrQ.gif

Back