romantic drama

Youn

Supreme [H]ardness
Ther should be a genre of this type, or maybe Action Adventure Romance RPG.... something... I really like games where romance is invovled, it could be stragedy based... but hate games like sims, FFX, strip poker... anyone care to list good romantic games? romantic comady might be good too... nothing with angsty teenagers in it though

yes, I'm a sorta lonely girl...

I'm not sure this fits in to your expectations, but games like Ico and shadow of the colossus had romantic/relationship undertones.

Final Fantasy 8 perhaps? Closest thing available in English is RPGs with romance in the plot.

A "romance" genre is out there, but it's mostly targeted at young japanese males. Often, but not always involving adult material. I don't think there's anything like this done using a female protagonist. There is a boatload of female-targeted romance anime series out there. Often mixed with comedy. School Rumble, Honey and Clover, etc. etc.

Lotta folks get their fix of "the chase" on Myspace or Facebook:p

See if any of the games built with Ren'py float your boat. There are also a few (very few from what I've found) Visual Novels like Ever 17 that are english. Alternatively you may be able to find and import game that has a translation project or script on the web.

I'm actually going through Fate/Hollow Ataraxia as time permits with only translations from a forum to guide me. Kindofa fun experience in itself:

Ren'ai & Visual Novel wikipedia pages for those who want to know more about the genre.

edit: yeeahh.. just realized this was in the console forum. Most of what I typed is PC oriented. My bad.

Play Grandia, its has a good romance story and a is a great RPG to boot.

Frobozz said:
See if any of the games built with Ren'py float your boat. There are also a few (very few from what I've found) Visual Novels like Ever 17 that are english. Alternatively you may be able to find and import game that has a translation project or script on the web.

I'm actually going through Fate/Hollow Ataraxia as time permits with only translations from a forum to guide me. Kindofa fun experience in itself:

Ren'ai & Visual Novel wikipedia pages for those who want to know more about the genre.

Hehe I was going to mention visual novels, but I couldn't think of many that were in English or didn't contain adult content.

I personally obsess over Fate/Stay Night, which can stand up on its own without the adult scenes. Unfortunately, if the OP doesn't read Japanese, there's really no thrill to it (and if you don't know JP, you will probably game over in F/S N a bunch by making the wrong choices).

There will be a Fate Stay Night on Playstation 2, but again, Japanese. There are various other visual novels for the PS2, but...yeah, Japanese. I have a few, but F/S N blows them all away.

Yeah, basically games of the type that the OP listed are Japanese-only releases. There haven't really been any romantic-type games released domestically in North America or in Europe for that matter.

well, i just played through ICO... that was a great game!!!

Am now playing Shadow of Colossus, so far so good (just two of the dudes down)

I've already played ff8, when it came out... didn't care for it at all. 1-7 and 9 were much better. also didn't enjoy 10. never played 11 or 12. Tactics was awesome... mystic quest... err not so much LOL

never played grandia series, that looks like it might be cool. thanks!

zelda ocarina of time was great, twlight princess sucked (hated that winey imp bitch) still beat it though (and the imp turned into tall/skanky ho... wtf!)

ok, I think I'm satisfied with shadow of colossus for now, but if it's anywhere near as short as ico (6hrs!?) then I'll be searching for some more love pretty soon

hmmm, seems like I'd do good to know japanese :(

Only game that I've played that had any sort of romance in it was the Baldurs Gate series. In BG2 there were several ways you could end up hooking up with Viconia or Aerie.

I think I saw a trailer for a medical romance drama for the DS on Gametrailers yesterday.

Ther should be a genre of this type, or maybe Action Adventure Romance RPG.... something... I really like games where romance is invovled, it could be stragedy based... but hate games like sims, FFX, strip poker... anyone care to list good romantic games? romantic comady might be good too... nothing with angsty teenagers in it though

yes, I'm a sorta lonely girl...

a/s/l?

Pics plz? K thx.

HL2? :p ... "Alex" (is a girl) seems to be romantically in love with her robot. :p :p

HL2? :p ... "Alex" (is a girl) seems to be romantically in love with her robot. :p :p

come to think of it, that was my favorite part of the game. robot love is OK in my book

Bender does not approve of Robosexuals.

Didn't you see the video? Robot love leads to the extinction of mankind.

Only game that I've played that had any sort of romance in it was the Baldurs Gate series. In BG2 there were several ways you could end up hooking up with Viconia or Aerie.
Or the KOTOR games...you can play a female and work on the male NPC's that join your party.

hmmm, seems like I'd do good to know japanese :(

Yeah, I'm about to finish up my second-year of Japanes study at my university and it's definitely going to come in handy. I don't know enough to understand a huge amount (only know ~250-300 kanji and still have problems with not knowing a whole lot of verbs), but I can safely say in about a year, I'll be able to import without having to break out the dictionary so often.

OP: You might also want to check out the Lunar series (1+2) for PSX if you haven't played it already. Certainly has a better love story in it that a whole lot of other games. Also, the music is awesome and it's made by Game Arts (so it's just generally kick-ass).

Back